Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Only 50 pigs? However are you going to manage with so few pigs? LOL!

I'm so anxious for you to get there and get a new start - so I know you are too!

I love the name - it's so appropriate.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks guys,
im anxious to get this party started too now, this is the "home stretch" ive pretty much got about a month (we want to try and plan it before spring break so dad doesnt have to pay a fortune for a flight into Memphis) so its realy gonna now be dependant on flight prices.
ive got a feeling its gonna be a crazy month and ive realy got to get focused and started...

the bird is a styalized Martin since our last name is Martin...so I figured hey why not, its simple, NJ does have a good purple martin population and it pulls the location and our name together :)

todays plan...
laundry, pack some clothes into the 1 box I currently have at my disposal, and cleaning...
but first, ive got critters who need water hauled to them.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well some usefulness came about the day, someone bought the wooden hutch and the last of the spare cages today...that'll pay for the critters feed this month :)

YAY.

laundry is a no go, gonna have to ask frineds to borrow their facilities or hit up the Laundromat, the tap for the hot line (I capped off the cold when it blew) sticks out too close to the washing machine, I cant attatch the machine hose to it to get water feed...
this is easily fixable with a cuff (extend it up a few inches and problem solved) but ive no interest in running all the way up to Jackson today...especially since ill have to go up during the week for some groceries...
oh well, not a big deal.
ill get some other stuff done instead.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
other stuff accomplished, since I couldn't do laundry I whent and borrowed a frineds clppers and turned ruby from an odd little lamb into her beautiful flashy self again, I swear she was getting so unmaintained she looked like a cottonball and I couldn't find her face! she now has a face again!
trimed jaspers face too (he may be hairless everywhere else but his face gets hairy and scruffy!) and did both her and jaspers nails...
will try to do Keiras nails tomorrow, I HATE doing black dogs nails, cant see the quick.
if she wont co-operate though ill take her up to petco on Monday and have them do it, shell enjoy the trip.

also fed the critters for the night too!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Bummer on the laundry but glad you got some other stuff done. The logo is lovely and I love that you tied in the name that makes it extra special!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thank you :)

well last couple ays have been fairly uneventfull, yesterday rained sooo sooo much, kitchen ceiling leaked, but otherwise we didn't float away, lots of flooding in the area though.
today I hit the feed store first thing, got the feed home and put away (still have to haul the rabbit food to their box but otherwise) then started working on cleaning the house...
backbedroom done, litterboxes cleaned, bird cage done, vacuumed and took pics and posted the futon on craigslist...
then did my bedroom, put all my party and summer dresses, shorts/capris and very light weight sweaters in the box I have, ive got 2 1/2 bags of laundry that needs to get done so im gonna see if I can borrow a friends laundry facilities rather than hauling everything up to Jackson...
and gatherd a bag for goodwill and a bag of trash, ive still got more clothing to go through, but I didn't want to start emptying drawers with nowhere fto put stuff...
gathered trash dishes and stuff form the livingroom and vacuumed in there too.
trash is curbside (there gonna hate me tomorrow lol) critters fed, dinners in the oven...
I think the kitchen and bathroom will wait.

tomorrow ive got to go get some groceries...ive got plenty of various meats, but I need some stuffs to make the meat a meal...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hi sis! Sounds like the ball is rolling along pretty well. I am so happy for you to be getting a break soon!!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I know how bad it gets when you're trying to pack, after a while there is just no where to put things! It gets frustrating, I hope it gets better soon, keep on chugging!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
chugging along.
we got a dusting of snow on the overnight, enough to make it look like someone sprinkled icing sugar all over...
so ive definatly got some warm water to haul out to the goats and bunnies in a little while...
then im planning on spending he day working on packing boxes, got some smaller boxes thatll work for books, and i can prolly put another big box of clothing and one of stuffed animals and extra blankets and such together too.
probably wedge the dogs clothing in too (ill keep out a set of pjs for each of the little ones)

ive also go to get off my tail and et back on the diet wagon...this winter yuck, seasonal depression and moving stress have thrown me WAY off, ive gained about 25lbs over the past 3 months and that wont do...
im thinking its tim to go paleo, im not supposed to eat a lot of grain based carbs anyway...so meat, veggies and fruit...
its just so hard to do in the winter when you want warm filling foods, theres not many veggies i like cooked
but Mondays D-day ill probably spend sme time tomorrow sorting out the pantry...tomorrow were having a pizza party fr a friend so going carb free kinda not gonna work if i want to enjoy anything other than lettuce lol.
got to do some menu planning too, which is good because ive got a chest freezer full of meat that i realy need to sort plan and nom! lol.

gotta get into the excersize thing too...ive been doin my 1 mile worth of steps each day but its just not enough and feel like a lazy slob. gotta figure out some good indoor excersizes for while its cold and then once the nice weathr comes...ive already decided im getting a bik once i get moved, and a hitch for keira and well go for rides and walks...imthinking if i get a trike i can use that for any quick local grocery runs, teres a few pick you own famrsand a Saturday farmers market in town about 2 miles from the house which would be perfect!
im thinking a cheap treadmill might be on the list for the bad weather days...gotta do some looking around.

otherwise, still no date set in stone...so procrastination ensues lol.
but ive got to get stuff started, i need to get pictures of stuff to post online that can go now to get them out of the way, and get as much of the rest of the stuff i don't need right now boxed and ready.
chug chug chug...

Latest posts