Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:hugs Give yourself some time to mourn. I can understand why you're feeling like that w/all you had to leave behind. And when you're ready, LMK and I'll pm you the link to the local horse board. It's too bad you're so far away, I'd come and visit you, but I'm not sure how my truck would handle that long a drive right now.

Last edited:

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Warm gentle healing hugs for you :hugs glad to hear youre safe and sound. Take the time to mourn and friends and then you'll be able to move forward again.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhh, Pink.... I'm sorry it went so badly for you. I know it hurts leaving old friends (two legged and 4). Everyone is right - get lots of rest and mourn your losses. After that - as hard as it is - try to look forward not back. (((hugs)))

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
keeping busy, its cold here but we did manage to get the rabbitry set up, so that's good...and keira is exhausted, her and the parents 7mth of GSD pup get along great!

now gonna go make dinner but ill be back later

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
o since yesterdays update wasn't all that detailed lol.

me and brother spent yesterday rebuilding the rabbitry, the plan was origionally to bring my car shelter and put most o the cages in thee, but running short on time afeter the attempt t burry the truck that was one of those things tht didn't get a ride to NJ...
so I rebuilt my large 4 bank, dad didn't want a colony on the ground, so I built a new one, I used the 4 bank got it up and safe (though I do want to add a couple more t-posts to give a ltitle added support) but I didn't put the diviers inside so instead of 4 32" cages, its now 1 big 64x48 cage
going to, at some point pick up another 24x30 cage so I can separate acorn out, but I figure right now strawberry is ready to rebreed ater loosing her litter...and the other 2 girls need ot be bred if they are not already.

so that got put up on sunday...
that left me the 3 bank for the e-lops, id struggled like crazy getting that thing up origionally, so having him here to help was awesome, we got the cage up and secure in the space of 2 hours, would have been les but it was cold an we had to look for some tools, got that up and got the e-lops out of their transporters, they were MUCH happier!
then just had the 24" singles and the 32" single left.
I knew I didn't want them on the ground, plain and simple... and the 24"s have trays so I used some t-posts, raised cage up to a raccoon safe height then once that was secure but a 2nd 24" ontop and secued it to the bottom cage an t-posts. did that or all 4 24" cages, and then the 32" cage got the same treatment.
id like a 2nd 32" with a tray to sit ontop of that one, and then ill have space to move acorn out of the colony, the 2 larger angora does in the 32's, the 2 smaller angora does in the 24's, and my angora and rex bucks in 24's

ive also got my big 30x32 cages that's now empty, its going to get a hidey house and some small wheels and become a tractor for raising out some of the meat kits.
its realy too big to do much else with, but would easily accommodate some meat babies for a few weeks.

next job is figuring out where the banty cochin pen is going (those little coops are HEAVY and I don't want to have to move them more than onces lol.
the banties are getting a chainlink run and a 4x4 coup somewhere as their main house (especially since they figured out how to jump the 4ft tall door in the barn and until its repaired there is no real way to secure them....)
so I think me and mum will wander the back yard toay trying to figure that one out.
ive also got a roll of welded wire and we could easily built them a pen with that instead if its easier
but for now were just going to staple some wire across the door top to keep them in the stall during the day.

or the most part todays plan is to work on some inside stuff, the room looks like a disaster zone, and I obviously cant find anything right now lol.
need to move some stuff around, relocate the fridge so I can get that going and id like to get the birds into their real cages again and get my bed up.
also have to dismantle the ikea wardrobe in brothers room and move it down as that is going to be my clothing storage.
once that's in boxes will get moved, some measurments taken and well figure out where the tank will go

and painting in here is high on the must do list, once the wardrobe is in I wont be able to move it.
I have the paint so I might try and get that done this week.
ill also have shelving to put up particularly in the bed area....running power to things is going to be interesting, socket acess is kind of limited.
but itll workl!

ok, time to done the warm stuff and get the bunnies sorted.
NOT liking these cold temps! back to frozen bottle land :/

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Glad you're getting things set up! Glad the puppies are having fun together! That is one less stress to worry about.
Sounds like the rest is beginning to fall into place! That has to feel good.
Stay warm! I'm not real pleased with the temps either. And snow at the end of March... what the heck?!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Pink, I don't recall where you are in NJ. Are getting the snow up there as well?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
now its sying its going to just miss us, were pretty uch direct east o Stroudsburg PA (Blairstown)
manged to get the bed rebuilt (much better!) the frige moved and turned on, sorted a couple o shelves and got the birds into their cages, not bad!
tomorrow gonna work on getting the tv up on the wall, sorting out shelf placement in the kitchen/craft area and bringing the wardrobe out of bros room so I can start work on unpacking boxes...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
So, you're a little south of Delaware Water Gap? That's a nice area. I've often thought if I'm going to be stuck in NJ for longer, then I'd want to move up that way.