Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Deb, yup, its a beuatiul area...COLD lol.

chugging along, this transition is harder than I thought it would be, feeling worn out and worn down and generally beaten...but im getting there.
esterday managed to dismantle and move the wardrobe out of bros room and into my room, and put most of my clothes away, got my bed up on risers, not enough to put the dog crates under like id wanted (id need a step ladder to get in lol) but enough to put some of my small drawers under there, im planning on getting at least 1 more set of small drawers if I can find them.
got the fridge on, the dogs crates situated and about 1/2 the boxes unpacked.

today I want to try and get the rest of the boxes done and get my sofa in there so I can finnish figuring out placement. ivs got shelves I need to put up,
ive another small cabinate to build (which needs some tlc as it got wet and on of the sides broke but I need it for craft storage lol.) but of course until things like shelves can go up im running out of places to put the small things that will live on shelves.

but its getting there, the buns seem to have settled in just fine, no other litters since loosing strawberries though...
chickens seem quite content too...
im realy missing my goaty girls.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Can't say I blame you for missing them. I'm sorry you couldn't take them w/you. :hugs

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
:hugs Glad things are settling in. I was rather surprised at how hard it was moving when I did this past summer. Its always bittersweet I think. I'm still struggling with some things here and there. Despite being here almost 9 months now I'm not sure it completely feels like home yet.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah its just not "home" yet and the room looks so clutered right now...
but...most of the boxes are now unpacked, its slowly starting to look like a room and not just a storage space, and with some tweaking (and a lot more shelving) I think itll look ok...
im exhausted and I ache a lot...heck...thers some spots that physically hurt rather than just ache...but ill get through this.
hoping to get the couch moved in tomorrow and mabe even my fishtank

I did spend part of today making the place "pretty" while painting the walls is on the to do list I need to get stuff unpacked and figured so it may be a while...
so I put up my pictures and artwork
fome amily photos over by the craft area, my butterfly paintings and in the living area and 9 various pictures (3 are my sisters art) of photos o beautiful flowering landscapes/pondscapes.
Im hoping seeing beautiful green leaves and pink floweres arund me will keep me going until the cold goes away.

feeling fairly acomplishe today :)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Good for you! Things do take time. I had to laugh at the bf, about 5 months after we moved we were rearranging something and he looked at me and said Does it always take this long to get settled when you move? I said yes it does! His parents have never moved so he had no idea.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so im down to about 6 boxes left, 1 is a big box that I cant do anything with until I get the shelves up in the bedroom area, (stuffed animals, yes im still a big kd, theres just some I CANNOT let go of lol)
but me and dad are going to try and move the corner and recliner sections of the sectional (I doubt were gonna put the sleeper section in, theres just realy not enough room/reason to have the extra seating/mauling with all that weight (the recliner section is heavy enough)
once that's i can start working other stuff out too.
its slow going but im pulling things together.

ill post some pictures when its all done :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And once you get that all done, I'm sure it will start feeling more like home.