Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dam for the firt 3-4 days then she pulls for the bottle, they were disbudded this past weekend and started on the bottle, hoping to pick them up on Saturday she wants to give them a week from disbudding and bottle starting to be sure they wont give me any issues :D
they'll be 2 weeks old on Thursday so she said shell be ok letting them go the following weekend :)
she has another doeling that's flashier than the flashy sister that's about a week older but shes keeping her...I told her if she changes her mind ill take all 3 LOL!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my brain is silly...
I kept thinking....gotta have dad help me move my tank in...
then today my brain said "but you moved it on your own last time, it cant have gotten any heavier...
then brain said...OH WAIT!
I removed all the decorations and the 60lbs of gravel and tada!
fishtank is now in my room, gravel back in plants rearranged, I eventually want to trade out for some live plants, but still
now just need new light bulbs for it (not sure yet if im just going to replace the bulbs or if ill replace the entire hood with LED system...) and water and itll be ready to start running :D
FISHIES!!!! so excited!
so yeah, now im kinda procrastinating on the next jobs, I ened to put the shelf up over the tank, the shelf up over the bird cages (more to keep the cats from sitting on them than much else but hey another spot to put "stuff" and I need to clean the kitty litter boxes today too...
then tomorrow I can start working on putting the last boxes away and hopefully by weekend have this place looking a lot more like a livingspace and less like a small disaster zone.

I want to find some kind of cabinate (or build something) that I can turn into a litterbox cover to 1 keep the dogs out, 2 keep the smell controlled, and 3 keep the litter contained (it goes all over the dang place!
ive got 1 covered box and technically could just get a second, but the dogs will graze if given a chance.
instead id like to go with some of the ikea hack ides and take a cabinate and put a doggy restrictive system inplace.
I figure if I make it in such a way to fit in the space between the tank stand and bird cages and only as tall as the bottom of the window it would also act as a bench area for a little extra seating.
if I make something myself I could even make it long enough to put the cats food in a section (another area of doggy interest lol)
ikea hackers and pintreast have some good ideas... :D
anyway, should definatly get back to it, need to feel like ive accomplished more right now before this run of good feelings subsides.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my tank has water in it, the filters are working, air is flowing, heater is on and its coming to temp quite nicely :)
got to move my heater down behind the driftwood (I don't like seeing the mechanics of the fishtank so I hide heaters tubing, filters ect behind things as much as possible)
since our entire house is set up on an RO filter and im using established filter media (I kept it wet and have been feeding it" in my betas tank this past week :D) re-establishing the tank shouldn't be an issue...

and now its time for me to clean the litterboxes....FUN STUFF lol

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had rice for lunch....
my body hates me...
guess this confirms the gluten/carb intolerance...

I had a little bit a couple nights ago with no issues...about 1/4 a cup...
but today had mabe closer to 3/4 a cup and my blood sugar is going all over and my muscles started cramping and my tummy says "hey lady screw you!"
*sigh*

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's no fun. Sorry you're feeling poorly.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks, feeling better now, sugar seems to have stabilized....and managed to get enough done today that i don't feel like i completely wasted a day... got the shelf over the tank up, and the shelf over the bird cages, got another box emptied and out of the room, litter boxes are done, trash went out to the curb, and vacuumed the area around the litterboxes bird cages and rug infront of the couch...and i got my good curtain rod and curtains up...

tomorrow is a trip into town in the morning, going to get my first batch of fish for my tank hopefully and bulbs for my tank lights...and an extension cord for my lamp for the livingroom area lol.

so yeah, definatly good progress, especially considering.
tomorrow afternoon ill work on the remaining boxes and hopefully get them outta here by weekend.
then i can give the entire room a realy good vacume and mop and measure up for a top for the craft area and a top for keiras crate to be able to use it as a small table (since its next to the fridge)
and figure out the cabinate for the litty litter control.

once the boxes are out i can figure out the painting...i figure im going to have to do a wall at a time, take everthing off and from 1 wall paint it, let it dry, put everything back, do the next wall...ect...but itll get done...
im starting to feel a ltitle more settled in...it still feels so...backwards...so...temporary...its certainly not "mine" at this point, and many never feel completely mine...but i keep telling myself...its a couple years...that's all...a couple of years.

and yeah that's about all i gto right now :)
im tired so im gonna think about going to bed

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will get there, Pink! This is merely a bump in the road. I've watched your progress long enough to know that you are a 'do-er' not just a 'talker'. Hang in there!