Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just remember, this is bringing you that much closer to your goal.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah its definatly where I NEED to be even if its not realy where I WANT to be. and I think once im unpacked and we start realy working the property (and my goaties come home) I'll be too busy to notice anyway lol.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well theres some changes here on the homestead...
we are no longer hope homestead...
we are Buckleberry Fern Farm....
the story behind this is a silly one lol, but I should probably tell it to make sense...
me and dad have always been avid JRR Tolkien fans, the hobbit was the first book my dad ever read to me...(yes even as an infant) and when hed finnish reading it hed ask me which book to read next and I would always say "the hobbit" (later once he introduced me to LOTR wed cycle reading all 4 books and then going back to the beginning, with only an occasional interceance by the chronicles of Narnia lol...

then mum dedicded we need to look for a little male goat to go with our little female goats (since finding a stud buck around here is apparently nigh impossible) and thus I began my search, and found our future herd sire....more on him later...
this of course led to the "what to call them" question...
and mum said "Bilbo" (as in Baggins) but you cant have just 1 hobbit...so she wanted hobbit names for the girls too...
this lead to a "hobbit name generator" and me putting in our names...turns out our last name gives the family name of "of Buckleberry Fern" (I personally would be Belladonna of Buckleberry Fern) mum REALY liked this so has now decided our homesteads name is Buckleberry Fern...or...Buckleberry Fern Farm

so yeah....got some reworking to do lol.

anywho
heres Bilbo
10154073_1402657833342156_2640778569605190619_n.jpg

aint he cute?!
come fall we'll be looking for 2 more doelings, either F2-F4 Mini Nubians, mini manchas or pure Nigerian.

so shes starting him on the bottle and disbudding him today and we'll likely go get him on Saturday, then will be picking up Merry and Pippin (the girls) on Monday afternoon.
Bilbo will likely be spending sat and sunday nights in a pen in my room until the girls get home Monday when everyone will get introduced to the barn together...(im worried about him getting a chill on his own with no one to snuggle up with, even if I put in a heat lamp its not much.

so yeah.

also whent out this morning picked up new bulbs for my tank...bulbs wouldn't work...turns out my balansts on my lights are gone...(the tanks a good 8-10 yrs old now, it wasn't new when I got it lol) so...kinda dictates the whole "do I buy new hood for tank" issue.
I also picked up some corydora and the last 6 neons at petsmart...so tomorrow ill get new hood when we take my sister to her drs apt...got to pick up mommas birthday gift while out tomorrow too...
by next week I should know how my fist intor of fish are doing and can add a few more. the goal is to have at least double, mabe triple the neon tetras, a small group of 6 rosey barbs and the angels as well as ottos and mabe more corydora.
FISHIES lol.

and that's me for now I think...im realy tired but would like to try and get more boxes unpacked...:/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
aint he though?! this lady had 2 to choose from, then I had 2 other little bucklings pictures for them to look at too, and this guys picture was the last on the slideshow....and while the others all elicited an "aww" the response I got when they both saw his pic cinched it...
she gave him his first bottle today and being a piggy wig he took it no issues so I think he'll be all set to come home either sat or sun :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I should NOT look at pics of cute goaties. Makes me want to get more goats and I just don't have the room here.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
hey sis...are you absolutely positive Lilly girl was pregnant? She's not showing any signs, and not getting any bigger.....her and Poppy are the same size now since Poppy had her bebes and she has yet to form any udder or anything. I know you said she was due about a month later, but she should be at least putting on some pounds by now i would think considering she should be about 2 to 3 weeks out...and nothing so far..I will be posting pics on Facebook in a bit. Go look and tell me what you think please.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im not 100% sure, I never saw a breeding but i hadn't seen her cycle again and her first pregnancy i coulda swore she was not bred up until about a week before (she whent from no sings to suddenly large and in charge, she didn't build any signs of an udder until about 24 hrs before)
but theres a definite possibility shes not bred.
took a look at the pics posted, definatly not sure, if she is and its soon id say a singleton, shes definatly got a little more of an udder than she had, but your right it doesn't seem to have grown any in the past few weeks...
id say given the time frame of sending aspen to a new home, youd have another 3 months window max (5 motnh gestation, you've had them for almost a month now (i know WTF whered the time go?!) and aspen whent home a month and a half-almost 2 months, before that so 2 1/2-3 months MAX window left if she was bred.

quick update
whent and picked up Merry and Pippin today, also arranged with a guy to meet to pick up some eggs for the incubator.
ride was fairly simple though we hit traffic that kicked us back a good 30 mins we still got there on time :)
i now have 7 pilgrim goose eggs in my incubator (got the fingers crossed, ive never hatched goose eggs before and everyone whos been keeping up from the beginning knows pilgrims were what i realy wanted!)
and 2 little doelings up in the barn!
they took their first bottle very nicely and their little airplane ears make me giggle!
10250223_1404409899833616_8605070199607988784_n.jpg