Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I hope you can find the privation to get it done! I like when I figure out how I'm going to arrange a space. But then getting it done is the hard part!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
seems to have worked, they havet gone a landscaping reacently...

lord I ache today, had a pecial discount at tsc this weejend so I picke dup the months worth of rabbit and goat food plus corn and layer pellet, p;lus straw and hay...
about 600lbs of stuff unloaded form the jeep and carted up the hill and unloaded in the barn...
cleaned the rabbit cages an dumped that stuff on the compost pile
cleaned the boys and girls goat pens and re-DEd and rebidded them down,
and got the frige moved into place.
still have the straw to add to the pig house which im going to do before I put them to bed tonight...
and need to clean out and re-bed the duck/goose houses...I ma not get to that tonight, im running on less than empty and my entire body hurts....
so much for "extra hands" huh?!
*shrug* least its done for December and I wont have to worry...
I might pick up the feed for January asap too, the less I have to cart up the hill on my dolly in the ice and snow the easier it is...its just figuring out the storage to keep the rodents out of the bags...I have everything in plastic bins and totes right now, but the mice got to the corn not enough to realy make a difference but enough to be annoying and proven they can and will chew through plastic, so changing out my tubs for metal over the next few months is going to be a priority.
I want to start getting a couple of extra bags of feed when I have the cash so if things are tight one month (or next winter ect) ill have a stockpile...
we need to stock the hay loft too...but ive been saying that since summer and its gotten me nowhere so....

anywho...time to go get the piggy house bedded down and put everyone to bed...IF I can manage to stand up.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Pinky, if you can, get a plastic sled. I have one and it comes in very handy for getting feed to my cans, or putting out hay when there's snow and/or ice.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Ohh, a sled is brilliant!
Hope you can get well stocked! Nothing like having that peace of mind!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And this is the time to buy them. If you wait until you need one, you won't be able to find one. I got mine from CL. I couldn't find them when I looked in the store, then someone advertised a bunch of them for sale.

hqueen13

Reaction score
True, Deb, that is true of anything that is "helpful" when it snows... snow blowers, pellets, shovels, ice melt.... etc. etc. etc!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
awesome idea, will have to keep my eyes peeled when im out nd about and on craigslist.

todays been a bad day, gained 1 1/2 lbs this past week (yay crazy brain and SAD/comfort eating) and I found the last of my cochin hens picked apart...pretty certain a hawk got her baed on the wound. I thought thed gotten lil roo too until my parents GSD was stood at the fence squeeking and very aware of something...when I looked there he was VERY well hunkered down behind the pine tree in some tangle weed and leaves...I retrieved him and put him in the barn with the goats, the goats are good witht he chickens and hell be much warmer in there with them than in his little coop...alone.

I told my parents we need predator protection.....
yeah...there not willing to go the dog route, and we cant find a llaa (and the one I did they didn't want to rik because of age and not being human/halter trained...I just don't know...
*shakes head* gonna see if I can find lil roo a new home...hes no good with the larger hens, they tried to attack him last time they were neer him, and I cant keep him just because, ive got noweher safe to keep him as a pet...I just cant justify keeping him as a pet...
but for now hell stay in the barn safe and sound.
I hate winter...
I realy do.
Decembers my birth month, my birthday is in about a week...and instead of looking forward to it im grumpy and tired and hurting and drowning my sorrows in light beer...becaue you know...that's a healthy way to deal with a crappy mood especially when your supposed to be on a low carb yeast free diet...YAY ME! lol

my body hurts something wicked from yesterday, my back hip and side have been spasaming all day and even my flexeril hasn't helped...
weve got a wet cold spell coming tomorrow and a more cold on Wednesday with possible snow...and yeah.
Hawaii sounds absolutely lovely right now! id just like to curl up on the brim of a volcano and feel the warm glow lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ew-eeeee girlfriend! You is in desperate need of a break! (and some help!) I may join you in that beer though, cuz I need a "healthy way to deal with a crappy mood" too! Folks say bad stuff comes in threes and so far we've exceeded that number around here!

Hope you find the little roo a new home...and sure would be nice if your folks would give in to a LGD cuz a good one is an awesome thing!

Last edited:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks, the beer wasn't enough but it was the last in the houe and it helped a little...ill probably end up having a honey licqeur totty tonight before bed and hope that helps ease the muscles and help me sleep...(hot water, a large spash of honey liquer, a splash of lemon and a splenda....) well see, right now im listening to the Across the Universe soundtrack...something about the remake on some of thee songs makes me singy and feel better.

it sucks but its life...the chickens are one thing...and dads reponce was "well well just have to build a covered pen and get some more in thespring" well that's great, but whats going to keep tose tiny baby goats safe?! keep them locked in the barn form birth until they go to new homes?! not let them play outside?!
what if the predators get a tase or Nigerian?
weve already lost 3 ducks, and now were up to 6 chickens lost to predators, one of which im certain is a coyote and the other a hawk...they just don't seem to get how serious this is...those preadtors will keep coming back and obviously electric and chainlink fencing isn't stopping them...and I am all tapped out...I cant build fully enclosed pens, I don't have anything left in me...
but this is their property...ive already told them if I ever go out and find a coyote mauled goat, thatll be it...I cant do that...I wont be able to handle it and thatll probably be the straw and the end of my livestock raising life...my brain can handle old age and sickness but to loose one like that would kill me.

lil roo is safely bedded down in the barn with the goaty girls...
at least the barn and everyones "bedrooms" are secure.