Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Aww :hugs hang in there! I hope the hot toddy helped a lil.
I hope the right llama comes to you so that you can better protect the critters.
My bfs birthday is the 27th of Nov, and he hates it too.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it helped me sleep and ill probably have another tonight, the body still hurts today but more in a dull acheing "kind of way...like the muscles spasmed themselves right out and now just generally are too achey to do anything else lol.
ill keep looking for our guardian but at this point...who knows, I feel like I should just move into the hay loft with a shotgun and a lookout tower.
an LGD is a no go, they are 100% set on that one...so its llama or bust I guess lol.
the good news is Lil-Roo did fine in the barn last night and seemed quite happy in there all da today, the door was open but he seemed to have no interst in going outside, and with it being cold and icy and rainy, I cant blame him.
the 3 large hens don't seem to have picked on him either.
he still realy needs a new home, but at least I know hes ok where he is for right now.

in othernews, 1 more amazon order and I think my christma shopping is done...its tight this year, there were so man people I wanted to get gifts for...
but...
brother and dads are almost done, just waiting on a last amazon order...I need to add like $4 to my cart to get free shipping so im trying to decide what that item needs to be lol.
mums is done, and bizzies is done!

I also got an idea for dad to gift to mum...shes been after an angelfish tank for YEARS...so, I found a 55 gal with stand and light strips on craigslist, talked to dad, he kinda rolled his eyes (he just doesn't get the fascination...which I funny because it was HIS hobby when I was very little and hes the one that got me hooked, he had fishtanks in every room...but never did set up mums angelfish tank)
So were going to go pick that up on the weekend (gogin to try and arrange it for Saturday since sunday is my birthday and I don't want to be driving round and lifting heavy things that day...)
im going to try and get dad to paint the livingroom this weekend (ill check to see if the guy can help me load if not dad will need to come with) that way we can get the livingroom rearranged how she wants it and I can set the tank up where its going to live and not have to worry about it.
gonna also get dad to order the filter and airpump.
I told him if he takes care of the mechanicals ill take care of setting it up, doing the aquascaping and getting the whole thing running.
ive got to thin my tank out a little anyway as im going goldfish (ryunkin and oranda) so they need a little less plant cover and a little more open space so ill take ome of my décor out and use that, and a trip to a craft store should get me everything else I need to pul it together at minimal cost.

theres an angelfish specialty store not too far away too (about 45 mins) so once the tank is up and cycled ill take her there and we can pick out her angels., im thinking 4 angels a school of guppies (I figure they'll be fine until the angles are larger and by then hopefully the guppies will be breeding and making free angelfish food lol) a nice school of cardinals and some corydora and it should look fantastic :D
of course I wont have water and fish in it, but id like to have it physically set up for Christmas day :)
shes otherwise neer impossible to shop for.

aside form the winter holidays...
I need new glvoes.
I got a nice pair from Walmart, hunting gloves, water resistant (though not water proof as I found out) faux fur lines and nice and clean fitting. when I wear gloves I tend to loose all brain to finger communication, I do NOT function well in gloves (even those magic stretch gloves I just cant use my fingers...
so these were great, they wernt bulky I could generally function ok with them on and they were wearm...but the stitching started to give on the thumb on one side and before I knew it I had 2 big holes. took them back and of course none others left so I got my money back...and am now on the hunt for a GOOD waterproof pair of fitted gloves...no bulky ski gloves, nothing like that, and they need to be at minimum water resistant....someone mentioned riding gloves? anyone got any insight?!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've seen gloves in catalogs that are supposed to be both warm and waterproof, but don't know what catalog it was.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Look for ssg 10 below gloves. All my friends have them, they aren't cheap, but they have said they really last. I think the bf got me a pair for Christmas which would be awesome. They are also water proof which is a must for me dealing with wet things when it's raining and also having to fill water buckets and such.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ool those are riding gloves might have to find a good tack store and se if they've got any I can tr on, looks like ssg has a whole line of wareproof riding glvoes of various weights and fits :D
thank you :D

in other news...did some rearranging on my fish tank...added some baskets and put a peace lilly and philodendron in them, the hope being the roots in the water will feed on the fish wate helping with filtration...
and mum brought in her pond commets to put in my tank for now...but I don't think there going to make it...no acclimation and my tanks not running a heater but its not exactly cold...their pond was frozen over, a temp change like that is going to be a serious shock but he didn't have anything to acclimate them in...3 are gone and I doubt the other 2 will make it...I dunno, 1 is clamped and hiding behind the filter intake...the other has no strength...
my water had a 50% top up before the fish whent in...gravel could do with a vac but there shouldn't be anything in this tank to cause issues so im thinking its just the sudden shock of such a drastic temp change
I feel bad...
ill take my water in for a quick test next time I go into the town with a petsmart though to see if it is my water...
im ruing about 110 gallons of filtration on a 55 gallon tank filled with RO water so I cant see it being a water issue...but without a test kit...*grumbles*
the tank however does LOOK beautiful.
10846301_10205691620112782_1460776434017241506_n.jpg

though...not a great picture, kinda stuck with using my competers camera which doesn't like low light lol.

I took one of my ferns and one of the long grass out to go in mums tank, the philodendron on the right ive got a 2nd of for mum and theres another on the left that I have or her tank too, so ive got a good start there.
all the plants are silk btw, and for the craft store, they look much better than most of the normal aquarium plants and or their sizes cost half as much....you just have to get creative about ahchoring them because unlike aquarium plants they arnt glued to a base lol.
he blue glass pebbels are new..im not 100% sure about them ye tbut I LOVE the way they shimmer under the LED lighting...and I much prefer the led lights (which were an upgrade in the summer when my other hood died) to the tube lights, this is a much prettier light, ver shimmery while still ebing natural.

Im realy liking the riptarium aspect...
sis has got a 10 gallon tank shes not going to be using, hes taking my 5 gallon minibow instead, so im realy putting some thought into turning the 10 gallon into a true riptarium (yeah it ha a name when you plant plants above rhte waterline lol)
in a true riptarium you use all 3 types of plant, aquatic for inside the water, stalky (ie bamboo and bog plants) for a mid ground and suspended for above the water line.
I think, once I get my craft space figured out (yeah still working on that) I might build it...keep a group of guppies in there for breeding for angelfish food :D

my fishtanks make me happy...least...they do when my fish arnt dying..*sigh*
anywho...that's about all I got for now.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thank you guys, I LOVE aquascaping...if I had unlimited funds I own an aquarium and spend every day rearranging fishtanks on a giant scale lol.

unfortunately I think mums fish all shoked to death, none of them made it overnight and im about go go fishing for the last 2 who are in an arkward spot.
going to have my water tested to make sure its not that before bringing anyone else home
the good enws is after some disturbing the tank last night made it murky, its beautifully crystal clear this morning so that's nice...at least it looks pretty lol.
and the plants I added above the waterline yesterday are still looking perky this morning.

im going to pick up 2 more plants next time I go to town and root them in my 2 1 gallon betta bowls :) the only downside tot he current setup is my peace lilly is too tall under the shelf, so once I get the 10 gallon set up ill probably move that to the 10 gal where it will have more upwards space and replace it in the 55 with something not quite so tall lol

not much going on today.
I got a surprise birthday gift, not sure form whome but I now have new seat covers for my car and they are hot pink leopard...yup, doesn't get much more me than that LOL!
I got some small baskets at Walmart yesterday which I modified but cutting out the top, and ziptying to the outside of the rabbit cages, hoping these new hay baskets will cut back on wasted hay.
ive got some "hello my name is" stickers with the names of all the rabbits (and their breed) on so now I have something I can stick them to lol. yay name cards, this way mum wont get quite so overwhelmed lol.
later today weve got to head into town and pickup a bale of hay, and mum wants to hit the riteaid for an elbow brace...

ive got to email the guy about mums tank and picking that up tomorrow too.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well our nigi girl Demi was acting very flirtacious this morning, so shes in with the boys...
I think Frodo is still to young ot have a clue, hes only about 6 months and doesn't seem all too interested, im hoping he gets the idea because eim hoping to breed him to ruthie on her next cycle.
Bilbo the nigi boy whos right around 8 moths however is very interested in Demi, so im hoping for some blue eyed nigi kids in May from them.
I think since simply putting the girls in the pen with the boys is a crapshoot im going to empty out the 2nd stall get it bedded down and use it as a breeding stall, I can put the male of choice with the doe in question in there and not have to worry about it
especially this time of year when its so cold they spend most of their days in their houses anyway.

I did the math and everyone except Eowyn is old enough to breed eowyn will be ready mid January age wise...
just need to decide if I want to space it out or if I want everyone to kid around the same time this year, the original plan was breed some for spring and some for all giving me milk year round...but with how cold it is im not sure I rely want to be up there milking in the cold
and we used most of the milk or cheese and butter anyway, both of which can be frozen...
so I think im going to breed everyone, pretty much this round,
Demi to Bilbo now,
ruthie to Frodo on her next cycle
merry and pippin im hoping to breed to Frodo and then Eowyn to Bilbo in January.
itll actually give me summer babies because I didn't get round to getting ruthie and demi settles in October/November like I wanted...but if I can get may babies out of them I can aim for November rebreed next year
my goal is spring babies mid march-early april, after most of the bad cold and snow has gone and food is abundant again.
obviously, kinda missed that this time around thought lol
I did see some contact this morning but igured id leave her in all day to hopefully ensure a success

not much else going on.
was supposed to go for mums tank today but so far no word so that looks like a bust.
we are supposed to be doing some running around later today, I need hay and some bits form TSC and mum wants stuff and bro needed something.
I need to decide what I want for birthday dinner tomorrow too...chocolate mouse cake is in the fridge thawing for my birthday cake.

and that's about all ive got right now for ya.
fingers crossed on kids :D