Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hope you have a good time at the farm show and find a wonderful bunny or two. and i love the table tops you made, they look great. i made a work bench out of an old counter top that i got at the habitat for humanity resale store for $5 and two two drawer file cabinets so i have a great surface and storage to boot. but its no where as pretty as yours.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Pinky does good work, doesn't she?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
That's awesome! Do you have directions somewhere? I wanna show the bf the process.
Bummer on the bunny! Poor thing! I assume that's an issue that comes from over breeding?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I used this method only I used a green "masking paper" from lowes paint dept rather than the traditional brown contractor paper, and I didn't stain :)
http://www.domesticimperfection.com/2013/03/paper-bag-floors-a-tutorial/

im going to do it on the top of the chest I got for free too so everything will kinda match, plus ive got plenty of paper and stuff to do it with...
so I started that project today...
the chest/coffee table is a little more involved, it was a kids toy chest and stains a light yellowy golden oak" type color...sooo not my color lol.
so today it got a major sand down, (probably could have done with more of a sand down I still didn't manage to get ALL the varnish off) and im in the process of putting on the first coat of paint on the "body"
im going for a kinda country random thing I guess, and we know me and pink...so im doing it distressed using a deep pink as the base...because of lack of room im having to do it 1 side at a time...and due to not being able to get it completely de-varnished with what I had im doing 2 god coats of the pink...(its a kylon colormaster pain in "watermelon"
im brushing that along all the edges and on the relief flower emblem on the front of the chest.
when ive got a couple coats of that on and completely dry (its gonna take a few days lol) itll get COMPLETLY painted in a satin white..., a few good coats too, then once THATS dry itll get sandpaper on the corners and over the emblem revealing that pink through the distressing, im hoping itll give me the pop of pink I want, without being too OMG it pink!
the top will get the same green paper and white trim treatment that the desk top is getting, and im hoping to put a realy cute fabric inside to line it.
I want to do some kind of little pocket system to attatch to the lid (its hinged to lift up and on a support) the pockets would hold my remote control and wii-mote and such.
I want to make dividers for inside and move my Dvd's and wii games into it so they are not out cluittering the shelves. but its deep enough that id still have room underneath is I can figure out some kind of trays for the games or something....we'll figure that out once its done though.

weve had yucky weather here today, high of 19 with a feels like of 13....I had to bring all the bunny bottles down and haul warm water and fresh bottles up to the barn around 1pm ish...figure that should see them trough long enough before I pull the bottles tonight.
I even put the little space heater on in there and almost completely closed the girls stlal door, its FREEZING.
tomorrows not slaed to be much better, listing a low of 5 degress and the high about the same as today...then we get a warm up to the 20/30s then another drop to the teens...YUCK, I hate the cold.

in good news though, hazels 4 seem to be doing just fine and clovers 6 are all chunky things too (though this morning I had to rebuild their net a it was damp from pee...:/
no nesting signs yet from willow or silver, silver has another week yet but willows got until sat before I consider her a miss, shes on day 36 today

Kory my split is listed for sale to a pet home, if nothing by the weekend ill probably sned him to freezer camp, hate to do it, but its feed I don't need to be putting into a bun just cause its cute.

im also going to sell my e-lops after easter litters, and at least 2 of my meat mix does. they are just not producing.

in good news...Demi the nigi hasn't come back into heat that ive noticed so *fingers crossed* kids in late spring. hiping for ruthie too!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hqueen, its a resessive gene and typically seen more in poor breeding and line/inbreeding. hes not form my lines but form someone I bought from so im not happy at all...the gene has to be there, but bad breeding (and breeding with others who carry the gene) makes it pop up.

it doesn't do them any harm...it just makes them unsuitable (and usually unable) to breed

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not cool. Part of why I'm not really interested in breeding animals lol too complicated!
Thanks for the link! I'll have to save it!
Very cold here, so glad I'm not on chicken duty! Those waterers are 7 gallons each!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today is COLD, tomorrow is going to be cold...
what the heck is with this...
there saying 3 degree with a -15 wind chill at 6 am tomorrow, WHAT THE?! that should not be an actual temperature...if I wanted to live in the frozen tundra I would have moved to Alaska!
worried about the critters tonight, done everything I can, boys house got a layer of hay (out of straw) and fresh hay in their feeder, and corn added to their bedtime ration. girls got hay on the floor hay in their bags and corn...chickens got locked in the goat stall (warmer than their little coop) and got extra corn, bunnies cages all got stashed with hay and ive got my ltitle space heater directed at my 2 does with nests
I fluffed the hay in the piggy house too.
not much more I can do from here, its up to them to snuggle in and keep warm.
seriously thinking about adding a larger space heater ot the barn or something for days like this, but then the barns not insulated so I don't even realy think it would help.

im sure if wed gotten the hay loft filled like I wanted to, that WOULD have helped but nope...

im not built for winter.
florida might be a good bet...Hawaii is too expensive as is the west coast...but the gulf...I might be able to handle that...

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oh pink, i so agree with disliking the cold. it is suppose to be bitter cold tonight, like you I've done all i can to keep the critters warm. I'm just grateful it's not rainy and wet too

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Come on down! It's gonna be cold here too - but nothing to compare with others. Low of 27 tonight in Houston, but I'm south of there so hoping for the best. But, just in case I've been outside alllllll day taking precautions. Try to stay warm!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't like these bitterly cold temps either. But, at least it's not supposed to be as bad as last winter.