Plain Dress

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't plain dress, but try to always dress modestly. More often, and most comfortably for me right now it's long skirts and sweaters. I have friends and aquaintances who do, it's just not my thing. For me and my beliefs, it's always important that I look modest and feminine. That is, even if I'm in jeans or pants I want to dress like a woman. And I want to always dress in a manner that's attractive to my husband, without drawing attention to myself.

I do wear jeans at times, and capris but truthfully a long skirt with an elastic waist is far more comfortable than a pair of jeans - better even than sweat pants!

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I prolly wouldn't mind so much. I like the longer skirts and it looks comfortable, but somethings just cry out for jeans, mucking out the sty,Cleaning the chicken coop, climbing ladders, etc. But I always wear dresses to church!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Henrietta23 said:
Maybe it's just that I want to live in an area where I wouldn't stand out if I dressed the way I want to. Mind you, I'm better than I used to be about not caring what people thought. I am not fashionable by any means, but I am still searching for my style. Something that's comfortable and that I think looks decent on me.
I think for anyone that is not in a community that prescribes uniformity, it is an ongoing process to figure it out.
Very true! Hopefully I will soon. It's a strong objective of mine lately! I just spent way too much on a skirt I really liked when I saw it online. But if it fits well I can copy it and have more!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
I do wear jeans at times, and capris but truthfully a long skirt with an elastic waist is far more comfortable than a pair of jeans - better even than sweat pants!
Agreed!!

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No way. I love fashion too much, and I enjoy appearing professional at work. I don't want to be dowdy.Clothes are too much fun! People where I work often tell me that I am one of the best dressed people in the building. I like that. And, I dont' pay full retail for anything- all of my clothes are treasures from the discount rack.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I personally wish I had more long skirts. I like the flowy cotton ones. :) Dresses....not so much. I like to mix and match so it doesn't look like I'm wearing the same thing a hundred times. :hu Definately need some jeans on standby though, and sweats, and shorts!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I personally wish I had more long skirts. I like the flowy cotton ones. :) Dresses....not so much. I like to mix and match so it doesn't look like I'm wearing the same thing a hundred times. :hu Definately need some jeans on standby though, and sweats, and shorts!!
I don't care for dresses either, but more because they aren't flattering on me. I have no defined waist line!

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
But plain dress doesn't have to mean dowdy!
I agree.
My "plain" clothes are dressed up when I want them to be. My long black skirt and sweater looks great with a pair of black high heel boots, a flashy scarf, a bracelet or two and hair accessories. The bonus to the comfort of my long black skirt and sweater is that it helps hide the extra pounds that tend to linger after you've given birth seven times! Gotta love the elastic waist!

Obviously it's no longer very plain when I do that, but again, versatility is wonderful!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Typically I am a jeans or sweatpants, shorts in season, t-shirted, sweat shirted, thermals and crocs sort of gal... however ... we always dress for the Renaissance festival in our area and I am a season ticket holder! I think I could be quiet comfortable in traditional attire of the times. The older I get the more naked I want to be :ep :woot and those baggy shirts and long un-constructed skirts and simple head gear are almost like being naked ... just under my clothes! :bun :bun :bun

Latest posts