Plain Dress

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
chickenone said:
Henrietta23 said:
chickenone said:
Perhaps not, but examples I have seen always look dowdy to me. I suppose there may be a way to make plain dress high fashion, but I don't see the point, I guess. I like flashy, shiny things, the way a monkey does.
:D
For some it is part of their religion, so for them, that is the point. For me, the point is simply what I feel comfortable in, which is NOT what is typically marketed toward women these days!
We each have our own style that we feel comfortable in.
That's what I'm searching for. Haven't quite found it yet....

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Goodness, a lot of what is marketed to women these days is what hookers wore not that long ago! :rolleyes:
I was given 3 skirts for my baby that I would never dream of putting on her.
Mini skirts is putting it mildly. I knew that stuff existed in the slightly older section, but infants now too?

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
freemotion said:
Goodness, a lot of what is marketed to women these days is what hookers wore not that long ago! :rolleyes:
Mini skirts is putting it mildly. I knew that stuff existed in the slightly older section, but infants now too?
I have a difficult time finding modest dresses for my girls (ages 9 and 6). We get almost all their dresses at the thrift store - the only place to find decent length at decent prices.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
freemotion said:
The outfits the kids in the elementary school wear can be truly frightening. Don't even get me started on the HS! The middle school has gone to uniforms now.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
freemotion said:
The outfits the kids in the elementary school wear can be truly frightening. Don't even get me started on the HS! The middle school has gone to uniforms now.
:sick
These little skirts would pair well with thigh high boots :(

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Henrietta23 said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
:sick
These little skirts would pair well with thigh high boots :(
Eep!

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Going back to the original post...

I have a Mennonite Cape dress that was given to me that I really like. I haven't worn it at home yet, but wore it for Sundays when we attended Mennonite Church with some friends of ours in Wasilla. My Mennonite friends had some really cute cape dresses that I think would be really nice for every day use, especially the ones made out of jean. The little girls in cape dresses are just too cute!

Every day I wear long skirts or dresses, I haven't worn pants for 4 years. I LOVE everything about wearing skirts. Haven't missed pants in the slightest! I also only wear sleeves that go to just above the elbow, and nothing lower then the collar bone for shirts.

I'm not opposed to wearing modern styles in the slightest so long as they conform to my modesty standards. :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
CrownofThorns said:
Going back to the original post...

I have a Mennonite Cape dress that was given to me that I really like. I haven't worn it at home yet, but wore it for Sundays when we attended Mennonite Church with some friends of ours in Wasilla. My Mennonite friends had some really cute cape dresses that I think would be really nice for every day use, especially the ones made out of jean. The little girls in cape dresses are just too cute!

Every day I wear long skirts or dresses, I haven't worn pants for 4 years. I LOVE everything about wearing skirts. Haven't missed pants in the slightest! I also only wear sleeves that go to just above the elbow, and nothing lower then the collar bone for shirts.

I'm not opposed to wearing modern styles in the slightest so long as they conform to my modesty standards. :)
This :thumbsup

Sooo, we likely have mutual friends :)

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quite possibly. :) I'm not Mennonite, just very conservative Baptist. But my family has been Mennonite and Anabaptist for hundreds of years.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
CrownofThorns said:
Quite possibly. :) I'm not Mennonite, just very conservative Baptist. But my family has been Mennonite and Anabaptist for hundreds of years.
I'm not either, but we know several of the people that do/have attended there :)

Latest posts