Plain Dress

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Just for fun...
How many of you...

Have worn plain dress, do wear plain dress, have or are considering plain dress.

If you answer yes to any of these questions, why?

ETA
Not looking to argue at all.
Just curious and making convo :cool:
Its a fascinating subject!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Think Amish, Mennonite, Old German Baptist Brethren or Quaker ;)

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wear skirts (below my knee length), plain color long sleeve turtle necks in cold weather, plain color modest neckline teeshirts or campshirt type blouses in warm weather. Pants (jeans or sweats) only in my home or barn if involved in heavy duty tasks where a skirt could be immodest. Wear my long (waist length) hair in a braid that is wrapped in a bun, no prayer covering. Why?? Because I was raised in the 40's and early 50's when girls wore skirts and I'm comfortable wearing them still. Because as a teacher I felt that I needed to be a role model in dress and behavior and because it's what I prefer so it is what I do!!I have done a great many things dressed as I prefer including most all farm tasks. I have never learned to ride side saddle so wear pants to ride astride but drive carts/wagons in skirts. Have sheared sheep, loaded and unloaded hay and cleaned stalls in skirts. Ladies...you can do it all. This being said I don't fault any female for dressing in pants IF that is how you are comfortable and the outfit is modest enough that the attention you receive is because of who you are not how you are displayed. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I wear whatever. I wouldn't be opposed to a "plain dress" under your defined parameters...but uh....I'll probably never see one where I shop...when I shop :rolleyes: Personally think clothes as fashion anyway is WAAAAY overrated. The first folks wore fig leaves, then animal skin...God gave me choices of things less itchy, so I'll take it. :lol:

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am a t-shirt,jeans, and boots kind of gal. Always have been,...its just what I am comfortable in. :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I wear whatever. I wouldn't be opposed to a "plain dress" under your defined parameters...but uh....I'll probably never see one where I shop...when I shop :rolleyes: Personally think clothes as fashion anyway is WAAAAY overrated. The first folks wore fig leaves, then animal skin...God gave me choices of things less itchy, so I'll take it. :lol:
Not my definition, by the way ;)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
If my life were just a little different I would. Or maybe if my personality could handle the comments of the kids at the high school I could do it. I am drawn to it although I can't quite definite my motivation. I'm not sure I could commit to it. I respect the principals of those I've known who wear it.