Ranting on my coworkers

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Sorry about the stupid people, Becca.

I only have one co-worker, and if I complain I'll sleeping with the chickens :lol:

WAIT! I have a compaint! We have an "employee" (Amish cleaning lady) who I cancelled last week because of GMa's funeral and car breaking down. We didn't cancel her for this week, though we had thought about it. Nor did she call to see if we were getting her this week. But. E went down in the truck (not cheap on gas) and she wasn't home!

So yea, check with and make sure you're not needed before making other plans.

Can I fire her now?

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And I just go to the frig to get some of my real cream creamer for my second cup of coffee. The frig is ajar from. . .insulated bags blocking the door seal. :he :barnie :rant

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Obviously this is a universal problem! I always removed my egg salad sandwich & just stuck that in the frig, not the whole dang bag! :rolleyes: (SOOO glad I telecommute now!! :D)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
And I just go to the frig to get some of my real cream creamer for my second cup of coffee. The frig is ajar from. . .insulated bags blocking the door seal. :he :barnie :rant
It's going to be a more than 2 cups of coffee kind of day! :lol: :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
This is why I work at home. It doesn't pay well, but it's MY domain :p No silly lunch bags clogging my fridge :cool:

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Fridges are a HUGE source of drama in offices! We share a fridge with a neighboring office. We have something like 11-14 employees and they have 4. They comandeered the bottom shelf and one of the drawers in the fridge because they complained they didn't have enough space. Now they're very protective of that shelf, and there's hardly anythign ever on it. A coworker of mine put a brand new quart of yogurt on there b/c there was no room anywhere else, and one of the lady's nextstore THREW IT AWAY! :rant

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I now have my own mini fridge in my office...along with a microwave and toaster. My DH bought me the fridge after I got sick of the refrigerator drama at work. When I was pregnant, I would bring my lunch and snacks for the day and put them in the fridge. At least three days a week someone would eat my food ~ mind you it was marked with my name so they knew to whom it belonged. I consider people who steal food from a pregnant woman to be the lowest order of scum!! We also had a nut job who would just decide during the middle of the day to clean out the fridge. If it wasn't hers, she just tossed it. You would go to get your lunch and it would be in the trash - tupperware and all. When I asked her about it, she said "Oh, that stuff had been in there a long time." Um, really, I just brought it from home like three hours ago, nutcase!!! Of course she also decided to clean out the supply cabinet one day and tossed about $3,000 worth of office supplies that "no one uses". Really, nobody in the office uses post-it notes and legal pads???

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

I used to keep my lunch in a little cooler with the ice pack that fit in the lid so I wouldn't have to deal with that nonsense.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Living the Simple Life said:
I consider people who steal food from a pregnant woman to be the lowest order of scum!!
Those folks have a death wish...

I used to cook upstairs, we have a fridge, stove/oven and micro. I'd put a weeks worth of lunch ingredients in the freezer (chicken breasts, gound beef, whatever) and the day before, I'd stick it in the fridge to thaw, then cook it the next day at lunch.
I kept canned beans, tomatoes, some spices, all sorts of stuff. It was great!!!
Until my food started disappearing, someone else left the oven on (I never used the oven, just the stove) and folks complained about the smell of my cooking (the stove is vented into the warehouse). Ok, so now frying ground beef smells bad?

The last straw was the hissy fit one lady (*coughHRcough*) threw. The garbage smelled, so instead of emptying the garbage can, she flipped out, threw all the food away in the fridge and on the shelves and bleached the whole kitchen.

Since it was Tuesday and I'd just brought my food the day before, *I* flipped out and went to the GM, told her the situation, showed her the brand new, in packages food in the bulk trash (she didn't even put it in a bag!). They reimbursed me but nothing ever was said to her... I cooked the rest of my week's food and then just quit going upstairs.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so glad I'm not working right now, because I have a low tolerance for bull **** (but a wide threshold of patience, strangely enough). Every little bit of BS that occurs, I tally away in my head, and then when it gets to be too much WHAM. They usually can't believe what's hit them, because "I'm the quiet one who does whatever they say I should do."

I suppose that is a great warning sign, yes? If I'M flying off the handle, you know you went waaaaay too far.

We had this manager (I used to work in a grocery store bakery; I was the morning baker, and in charge of some retail and stock aspects) and she was in her 40s and married. I didn't like her much at the best of times, but I'm pretty good at "faking till I make it".

Well, she started to hear her bio clock ticking, to everyone's disadvantage and misfortune. She was on some kind of hormone treatment, and one moment it was like rainbows and fluffy bunnies, and the next moment was freaking Godzilla munching on Tokyo.

So, she comes in one morning (LATE, like she almost ALWAYS did). We were perfectly happy, working well, everyone in a good mood, and suddenly, before we knew something was even wrong, we all had our asses chewed off and were bleeding from the ears (so to speak), and we were all completely bewildered, as she stormed off and hid in her office upstairs.

Our first reaction was to stare at each other and say "WTF just happened?"

Needless to say, most of us spent the morning pissed off (in unity, at least). AND THEN.

Godzilla comes back down, and she's all issues and tissues, and "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be that way, the hormones are messing with me so much, I was out of line", and we gave her the evil eye, and though most of us just said it was fine, she KNEW we were thinking "Damn f*&%ing right you better be sorry".

I am so glad I don't work there anymore. XD