Red mange in dogs

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
Henrietta, I have and love that book.

Free - do you read the Whole Dog Journal? It is a fabulous resource for natural dog care, health, training, ect. They had a wonderful article recently about the benefits of coconut oil for dogs. I could post a link to their site, but only a 'teaser' is available without a subscription. I'm sure there are other sites that would explain the benefits of coconut oil though. In addition to fish, flax, vitamin e and coconut oil, I give my dogs raw local honey to boost their immune system, and keep their skin healthy.

nop - "Revolution" is the new topical internal and external parasite control product. It kills fleas, ticks, heartworm, most intestinal parasites, and mites.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Coconut oil...that's a great idea, Iceblink. I'm a huge fan of fats to cure what ails your dog, skin-wise. Every night I give my guys a little spoonfull of something fatty, usually peanut butter. Makes shiny dogs :-D

I keep hearing bits here and there about coconut oil being something special, but I haven't found anything that wasn't selling something, must keep looking :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Whenever possible, I try to give my critters foods that their wild counterparts would eat, or whatever I can reasonably get that is similar....so when I choose fats, they are animal fats, like butter, trim from my plate, cheese, egg yokes, etc. OK, a wolf would not have access to mozzarella, but animal fat in general. But I do give peanut butter in small amounts as a way to get supplements into them and be the hero at the same time. :D

Latest posts