What did you do to MAKE money today?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sold three baby goats today and yesterday and got enough to feed two of my adult does for a year! Still have two more babies and two more pregnant does, too. Here's hopin' that selling the remaining babies will cover the feed for the other three adult goats that will be staying with us next winter.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow, this threa has all but died for a couple months. I sold hair feathers yesterday :D A dollar each for 50 of them :D :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We had a garage sale last week but I only made about $20, since I was not really selling my own stuff. I was helping my sister sell her stuff. :D

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I spent $2 on a whim and got a scratch-off lottery ticket and I actually won $50! :thumbsup Gee, now I can pay for my ebay splurge the last few days. :hide

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Seven Hens Farm said:
Wow, this threa has all but died for a couple months. I sold hair feathers yesterday A dollar each for 50 of them
What kind of feathers?
Hackle and saddle feathers from my Delaware roosters, and also several guinea and turkey feathers were in there too. It's all the rage around here to have them clipped in your hair. DD has two in her hair.

Today I dug worms to make a little extra cash. This local guy wants a load of worms for his composting and fishing, so I am digging them for him. 5 cents each isn't much, but it's easy picking out here and I can stand an extra $20 ;) He bought some last week too :D

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had our annual yard sale. Made 560.00 in 5 hrs. WOHOOO!!! Time to finish the new deck off orrrr..... buy a few goats hmmmm...:woot

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't make any money today but I am making apple butter that will make money at the farmer's market next weekend. Lastnight, I traded a friend 7 young turkeys for 8 bushel apples. I have been busy today making apple sauce. So far, I have canned 14 quarts for sauce for yourselves, plus make two gallon more for the apple butter. I still have 5 1/2 bushel of apples left. I will be busy tomorrow making apply jam and jelly for us and the farmer's market.