What did you do to save $ today?

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Called around to the local orchards to see if they had any apples left. Found one that is going to sell me bushels of apples for $12 (I am going to offer $10 when I get there as I plan to buy 3-4 bushels). I will soon have shelves full of pure applesauce goodness for a fraction of what it would cost me from the store....and the only thing in it is apples - not a bunch of other additives!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I decided to quit paying bills. I would have a LOT of cash if I just get out of that bad habit. I waste SO much money paying bills it's not even funny.

:lol:

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've started couponing. I managed to get over $120 worth of stuff for $75 and because I spent $75, I got a coupon for $10 off my next shopping trip. Which I did today - and paid $.61 for $15 worth of stuff because of the coupons I had. :cool: And all stuff I would have bought anyways!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
I've started couponing. I managed to get over $120 worth of stuff for $75 and because I spent $75, I got a coupon for $10 off my next shopping trip. Which I did today - and paid $.61 for $15 worth of stuff because of the coupons I had. :cool: And all stuff I would have bought anyways!
that is sooo cool! I am starting to do more couponing and signing up for free samples :) I got several free samples today!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Living the Simple Life said:
Called around to the local orchards to see if they had any apples left. Found one that is going to sell me bushels of apples for $12 (I am going to offer $10 when I get there as I plan to buy 3-4 bushels). I will soon have shelves full of pure applesauce goodness for a fraction of what it would cost me from the store....and the only thing in it is apples - not a bunch of other additives!
What a cool idea. Wish I had options like that around here.

I was looking into acquiring a grinder so I could make my own flour. I'm surrounded by farm fields and non GMO wheat. Right now, it's pretty hard to justify the cost of the machine, dang it. Especially just for 'trying it out'. I did find a couple of homemade grinders using a pasta machine, hubby said he thought he could make one for me, so we'll see...

And Wannabefree, that was hilarious! :lol:

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I probably saved a few hundred bucks yesterday. I was worried we might have a bad thunderstorm so I decided to turn my computer off. When it started shutting down - I got the infamous " blue screen of death" - telling me that it had to shut down due to hardware problems. (This computer had been running loud lately.)

We turned it off immediately, and let her cool down. We opened her up later and found out that dust bunnies were colonizing inside and making it hard for the cooling fans to spin. Used a craft paint brush to get the big dust bunnies out, and blew it out to get the rest.

She's running right again. :D There was no way I could have replaced a computer right now, so this is a huge relief.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wonder what Dust Bunny was doing over at your house. Last I checked, she was in front of the fire in my basement. Bad fat, furry feline.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Love that name for a cat. :lol:
This place gets dusty quick and I just didn't realize it would get in there that bad. Glad hubby figured out what was probably going on.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:fl I sent my ex a bill for my daughter's braces. He is ordered to pay half. sooo. maybe i will get a bonus, or hell will freeze over. either is possible. :fl

But I have decided to make more garden beds and plant more veggies. Found the seed packs for .08 cents each so that was a huge savings. So less grocery money, just a bit of weeding and watering on my part. Thinking I may want to incorperate more veggie and fruit plants into landscaping so its dual purpose. Spent some time sketching out some plans.

:clap

Latest posts