What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did you buy some gochugang?
I keep it on hand. We love it! My DD's former husband was half-korean. His mom was/is the BEST korean cook ever and she would treat us to Bulgogi at almsot every family gathering. I also make kimchi because of her. I haven't branched out into cooking many other Korean dishes - but I sure love eating them!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ham. It's in the oven heating up, plus heating a chilly house. I bought a nice butt portion for $1.09 # on mark down. Cut 3 ham steaks off, vac sealed, froze. Rest will be couple dinners & sandwich slices. Bone with beans. 👍😁 Re used vac bags, too! 😁 Darned ham steaks run $4.50-5.50 # otherwise.

Also got about 5# of cubed steaks, marked down to $3.04 #. Separated to meal portions & froze. Got 10cent a gal off gas on way home. I feel accomplished!! 🤣

Having a glass of rosé while dinner cooks.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
we restocked our salmon so we'll be making some of these eventually again. they're an easy few meals and a nice change of pace. :)
We enjoy them, but I usually make them when I haven't thawed out anything, lol. Quick and easy!

Tonight was a jar of home canned taco soup base with added water, corn and beans. DH needed a few carbs and I needed something easy to cook.

New fridge is being delivered tomorrow - thank goodness!