What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
as it turned out my brother isn't stopping over today so Mom is off the hook and doesn't have to cook (i told her that and that i'm a poet). so we're grazing again. we have spinach dip in the fridge to eat plus canned stuff in the cupboards or freezer to use up. no danger of starvation... hot sauce may be used by me to spice things up a bit.

i'd send @Hinotori some spinach dip but i don't think it would make it in very good condition. it is not too hard to make though (Knorrs vegetable soup mix, half sour cream and half whole milk yogurt some mayo, water chesnuts chopped, frozen spinach thawed and squozen/drained)...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
as it turned out my brother isn't stopping over today so Mom is off the hook and doesn't have to cook (i told her that and that i'm a poet). so we're grazing again. we have spinach dip in the fridge to eat plus canned stuff in the cupboards or freezer to use up. no danger of starvation... hot sauce may be used by me to spice things up a bit.

i'd send @Hinotori some spinach dip but i don't think it would make it in very good condition. it is not too hard to make though (Knorrs vegetable soup mix, half sour cream and half whole milk yogurt some mayo, water chesnuts chopped, frozen spinach thawed and squozen/drained)...

I love spinach dip. Hubby not so much even though he loves spinach.

I can have the salt, but hubby can't and I'm not cooking separate meals. If you are low salt for a bit, everything starts tasting too salty and some gets inedible because of that.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love spinach dip. Hubby not so much even though he loves spinach.

I can have the salt, but hubby can't and I'm not cooking separate meals. If you are low salt for a bit, everything starts tasting too salty and some gets inedible because of that.

i understand that... we're used to making different versions of things here because Mom doesn't like certain spices or any heat in her food and i'm very happy piling it in there. i don't use salt or pepper though. garlic salt is what we do use once in a while on burgers or in a few things but not very often. we're used to no salt added.

some of the ingredients for the spinach dip do have salt in them i'm sure... also the crackers are salted a bit. yes, we can taste it in there. the yogurt at least does not have salt in it. what bugs me is when people salt (and pepper) things without even asking.

Mom decided to cook a little afterall for lunch, she microwaved some potatoes and then stuffed them with cheese and bacon and topped with sour cream. i was smart to remember to mention she didn't need to use a ton of bacon on mine because i just need a little that goes a long ways. they were perfect. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dip sounds delish!

it is! err, almost was, ... :) it's nearly gone after last nights grazing dinner. not very hard to make and not very expensive (compared to what you'd pay for it already made), but the best part is that you don't get all those strange things that the pre-made versions often have added (to keep shelf stable and preservatives). it makes enough to nearly fill a large cottage cheese tub.