1/3 Life "Crisis"

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I just felt a little bad since I only joined in june :\ :rolleyes:(traveled over from byc)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome back! I did wonder where you were. I don't know though, are we supposed to know what to do with our lives? Lol, but seriously I'm glad you're feeling better!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome back! I did wonder where you were. I don't know though, are we supposed to know what to do with our lives? Lol, but seriously I'm glad you're feeling better!

For sure! But it's the difference between aimlessness and at least some direction. And every person needs different dosages of each!

Since my farm plans with my sister fell apart in March I've been feeling pretty lost; I have the absolute luxury of choice and can't seem to get to a place where I can start making decisions. So that guilt is pretty overwhelming. And it's been taking a toll on me and by extension my family. Slowly getting worse until I hit a little low spot in August.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome back. Gorgeous picture! (Should post that in picture of the week!)
My daughter in law is having some of the same issues with life as you are right now. I'm really glad you came back to say hi and to check in. It is hard sometimes when people just disappear and you have no way to check on them. I'm glad you're back. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you're looking at things very realistically...and that's a great place to start! Families...yikes! It can be hard for sure!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Haha, totally! But your options definitely do change as you get older, and certainly choices I make now will effect my future life to varying degrees. And trying to anticipate my ability to handle my different life choices (stay home, work, do what, more kids, etc). So I do want to put more thought into it then rolling the dice. Though I know that works for some people!:D
I'm also aware of things I should be doing in terms of outlook and action to get over this perceived hump in my life; but following your own advice is sometimes easier said then done :p