101 uses for holey-heeled socks?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I wear through sock heels faster than I'd like and they are not darnable type socks (just plain ol' storeboughten inexpensive socks).

Aside from the whole "you can stuff things with 'em" genre (which is what I've mostly done in the past), what other things can you think of for socks with holes in the heels?

Thanks,

Pat

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dust cloths. Other than that I must admit to just tossing them, so I look forward to learning along with you :)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
LOL! Love that idea, k!

I usually tie knots in them and give them to the dogs for toys. I also fill them with Sevin and use them to dust certain plants.

Ooh, they'd make good dusters if you just slip one over your hand!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Yes, "sock rug" description please?!?

I would sew or darn them except that by the time the heel wears thru there is too little material (or whatever you'd call it) anywhere near it to patch into, b/c "threadbare" -- would have to be a GIANT patch and too lumpy.

Pat

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just turn mine over and wear the hole on top until the other side wears through on the heel... :hide

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Remember those cheap plastic looms that we used to make potholders on as kids? They're square, about 10 inches or so, and they came with all these stretchy loops that you hook on, weave, then take off and voila, you have a potholder...Well, those stretchy loops are exactly the size of strips of socks cut up. I've made potholders out of them. Just cut each sock into about 1/2 inch loops, and make really good potholders. :)