101 uses for holey-heeled socks?

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
raro said:
Remember those cheap plastic looms that we used to make potholders on as kids? They're square, about 10 inches or so, and they came with all these stretchy loops that you hook on, weave, then take off and voila, you have a potholder...Well, those stretchy loops are exactly the size of strips of socks cut up. I've made potholders out of them. Just cut each sock into about 1/2 inch loops, and make really good potholders. :)
Hey, that's a pretty smart idea. I'll have to keep an eye out at the resale stores for a tiny loom. I use to have one when I was a kid. I wasn't really interested in it at the time. I don't even think I finished one potholder. I never would have though 20 years later I would be wishing I had kept it.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Use them to make chicken diapers.

1683_100_6749.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you get them b4 the hole is completely thru, stuff them w/cedar shavings and put them in w/any clothes your storing, in dresser drawers, etc. They smell much better than moth balls!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
I wear through sock heels faster than I'd like and they are not darnable type socks (just plain ol' storeboughten inexpensive socks).

Aside from the whole "you can stuff things with 'em" genre (which is what I've mostly done in the past), what other things can you think of for socks with holes in the heels?

Thanks,

Pat
My daughter uses them as fingerless gloves/arm warmers. They look really cute on her that way.