lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Good grief! Are you trying to keep up with Keljonma with all that baking? Sounds like you had a productive day, though. I've never done cranberry muffins but they sound wonderful and chocolate chip cookies don't last very long in my house!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
:gig I made a couple loaves of bread and some peanut butter-oat cookies on Sunday after church. I made 6 dozen cookies and they are gone already - it is only Tuesday! I had 3, so I think dh is sharing them with co-workers or with Titan .... :p

Wonderful news about the broody! Good luck! That is wonderful news about good egg sales. I lost an egg customer this past week due to their loss of employment. I think it is only going to get worse......

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Teenage boys are like bottomless pits when it comes to food. I think both legs are hollow and the food just rolls all the way down to their toes. That could also explain why their feet seem to grow so fast. LOL

Like you my garden is pretty much a dud this year. It has really hurt my feelings that I put so much work, time and effort not to mention money into it and then have to buy produce from someone else. But I guess I am lucky that someone elses garden did good.

Have a Happy 4th.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I agree with 2dream.... our son was eating every hour or two ...

He would come home from school and devour a 2 lb bag of oranges while doing homework. Then when I got home from work an hour later, would ask how quickly dinner would be ready because he was "starving"! Definitely hollow legs. :gig (He is 6'4" and 180 lbs now at 28.) :cool:

ETA: I have never processed rabbit... but the farm raised are definitely better to eat than the wild ones! ;)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
My son is only 4 and this morning he asked for a banana, oatmeal, cereal, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He got everything but the oatmeal......boy am I in trouble when he gets older! :lol:

Sounds like you all have been busy. Meat rabbits and quail are next on our list after we get the duck pen built. I will be so happy to not have to buy meat from the store anymore. We are going to order meat chickens in late August so we'll see how that goes too. Hope you all have a good holiday and get some projects knocked off the to-do list while hubby is on vacation!

Latest posts