patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
How are you doing for mud this year? It's pretty bad here -- hardly any standing water (yay new ditches) but all the turf everywhere is just sort of liquid and likely to stay that way til the grass gets growing well, the ground is just so saturated. I remembered that you had bad mud problems last year, or was it the year before?, and was thinking of you as I slogged across the front paddock last night :p

More rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow, yippee :/

Pat

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sherwin-Williams has a visualizer that helps match colors. I use it all the time. You just pick the room you want to play with.

http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/

Our bedroom has a evergreen kind of carpet too. So to pick colors, I "painted" the ceiling of the room in the visualizer to match the carpet. Then picked a light floor or "painted" the floor white to match the ceiling. (I can't remember which.) Then I played with different wall and trim colors to match.

You can also pick colors from historical or collections paint colors.

edited for spelling

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Hey, be glad you tiled the paddocks... I caught two sticklebacks (fish) on the back lawn this evening, no kidding! :p

Pat

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Silver lining in your soggy mess is that you are a pond nut (said affectionately :))
It's true... most people would not *enjoy* slogging around in flooded paddocks and ditches as much as I do. I just wish more kinds of critters actually lived here.

Do i see tiling in your future?
I had to rewrite this part of my reply about sixteen times because I am a little bit, well ok *insanely*, oversensitive about this topic...

...we cannot tile, because you have to have somewhere lower to tile to. The road ditch is higher than our property (except at the very, very corner, where I have dug it down enough that there is a little bit of flow). The only place lower is the neighbor's front field (where our water currently drains to, in an eventual sort of way), but even if for some reason he *wanted* it even more chronically flooded than it is now, is only a few inches lower so not ENOUGH of a drop to actually tile to.

Please, please, please, nobody mention tiling this place to me again, it makes me go all AAAAUUUUGGGHHH! :p

No offense at all taken, of course, I'm just, you know, sayin' ;)

Pat