me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
It sounds like you have been having an incredibly productive spring! Isn't it nutty this time of year?

We're getting our meat birds this Friday--100. Have you raised them before? Not here, so it will be interesting to see if they are as grossly gluttonous as they are said to be :p

Any progress on the foster care front?

Interesting journal--keep us informed :)

me&thegals

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
MTN, glad to hear from you! Thanks for that link. If you decide to do the solar, I'd love to see the progress in pictures.

Spring is always "too busy" on the farm! :lol:

me&thegals

Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Yeah, I did meat birds last year--they are pigs. but they are fun, and not as stinky as some would have you believe. I raised mine outside, with electric poultry netting, and moved them everyday or so. I'm doing 30 this time, and I will probably do two or three batches, depending on demand. I will need at least 50 for my family to last the year.

We have an interview with the Children's Aid tomorrow at 1:30. I still have to clean the house for her visit, get groceries today, and laundry, plus pick up my birds and get them all set. Plus run into the city for an appointment for DS. If I don't get the house cleaned today--that MUST be done tomorrow morning, since she is coming in the afternoon. Isn't it funny how inside work gets forgottenand outside work takes prioirty?How are your classes coming for fostering?
Oh--isn't life exciting in spring. Perhaps a bit TOO exciting? Our house gets about as gross as I can stand it this time of year. Winter, it's spotless. This time of year, there are too many other things to get done.

We finished our classes a few weeks ago. They were really intense, exhausting, funny and wonderful all at the same time. It gave me a perspective on fostercare I had never had before, especially from the view of the child.

We let our contact person know that we would be happy to be last on her list of home studies and other processes since this time of year gets so nutty for us, so I haven't heard anything else yet. We have 3 home visits to be done, a house and safety plan, water tests and some more paperwork.

Best of luck with your visit tomorrow! Is this more of a getting-to-know you visit or an actual home study?

me&thegals

me&thegals

Reaction score
Oh--I hope it works out because there's no getting around those regulations... Our extra room is a basement room, too, but thankfully has a large egress window and a door out the basement right outside the room. I hope yours passes!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very cool journal, so great to hear about what is happening at your home.

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Latest posts