2022 Resolutions List

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice try, I appreciate it. But I don't have rubboard abs....... slight belly roll, yes. :lol:

i'm talking to myself too... :) wish my roll was slight. i'm down 5lbs but 7 more to go and they're not going away easy. worse than baked on cheese. perhaps a part of my problem... :) mmmMM cheese! :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I have been able to continue ensuring the garbage can is overfilled each week. A hole is starting to form in the garage mess.

Got rid of some of my volunteer stuff this week. A good sized box of stuff, so progress continues

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Got through the master bedroom closet. My clothes gone through, a bunch of shirts set aside for donation, unused bedding boxed away (sheets for a bed size we no longer have, but will be getting when we move into our own place someday), shirts put away for future (outdoor gardening shirts), getting rid of stuff just dumped in the closet. A lot of stuff just "aggregated" (wife's med stuff) that can be gone through as one effort (6 sharps container disposal mailing boxes lol).

Cats are freaking out, thinking we are packing for a trip.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m officially moved. I still have to go back for dogs and sheep. Been building pens for them. Neighbor Robert is caring for them.Boxes everywhere inside. Have unpacked enough to have barely cooked 2 meals. Ridgetop from BYH and her husband came and helped me pack last load out of the house and a flatbed trailer load. My daughter was here a couple of days, she left to go home Friday. Son came in Saturday morning and helped finish unloading.

This is the second move that I haven’t been able to go through things and get rid of stuff I don’t want. I won’t do this again.

I haven’t been doing my sit ups, but I’ll get back to that. I have a new resolution. I want to reduce the clutter. I’m hesitant because I don’t know what I’ll want or need in my new place when I find it, but I need to get started. As I go through boxes I will pull out things that I know I won’t use or need. Y’all wish me luck.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I read a parenting book that spurred me to declutter kids stuff. I removed 4 trash bags of kid's toys worth donating and 3 trash bags of kid's toys and trash.

Kid hasn't noticed anything missing*, and suddenly his room/toys aren't "boring" and "nothing to do." :gig

That amazes me every time, it will never get old!

We had a mostly-peaceful weekend due to getting rid of excess toys/mess.

*Whoops, he did miss a big cardboard box. That is all.