2022 Resolutions List

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ooh what book? I need this inspiration!

Currently tops my list for best book ever written. It validates some of my parenting ideas, explains why, and then takes it to a whole new level that blows my mind.

@Cecilia's-life, if you get a chance to read a book, this one is worth it. Best to read it before kids turn 2 years old to avoid regrets.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got DS6 in the car to go to school without anyone screaming or crying. Better than usual. I used what I learned from Hunt Gather Parent and combined it with what I know from Love & Logic (specifically the Energy Drain CD). Magical!

I needed the Love & Logic piece today - focusing on what is within my control. Instead of trying to make a kid get dressed, you just gather up their clothes and announce you're getting in the car. They can get dressed in the car (if necessary). DS6 decided to get dressed when I put his boots and snowpants in his backpack, and then decided to put his boots and coat on quick before getting in the car. He went from naked and pretending to sleep on the couch to buckled up in the car in 5 minutes without yelling. Oh my.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've actually gotten rid of a few things away today so far. :) out to recycle and not trash. i had put them in a box and then wondered what i had done with them since i couldn't find them, but this morning going through the bean collection boxes there they were. so that is now outside waiting for the recycle truck to come by. i didn't really need 20 old film cannisters (with tops) - they were nice for storing seeds when i was collecting wild seeds but after years of collecting seeds and rarely planting any of them i figured out that i should finally get rid of the seeds. so years ago i took them all out and scattered them and it took me until this year to finally say that i really didn't need yet another pile of containers (i wasn't using!) and so out they went. the small box they were in is meant to be used for the bean collection anyways.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Currently tops my list for best book ever written. It validates some of my parenting ideas, explains why, and then takes it to a whole new level that blows my mind.

@Cecilia's-life, if you get a chance to read a book, this one is worth it. Best to read it before kids turn 2 years old to avoid regrets.
Sounds good!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I took 5 boxes to Goodwill last Friday! It felt good. Couple more rooms to go but getting there. Just the basics here, kids are bored I say go outside! HA!

if we didn't keep things picked up toys could be "lost" aka thrown away or hidden. Mom generally didn't put up with too much for long. outside, yes, we were often outside all day as soon as any kind of weather came along that we could survive.