2022 Resolutions List

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have fallen down on sit ups. Too damned tired, even when I wake up. Getting plenty of exercise though! LOL

7FCB0F1F-7858-4226-A9C1-BAE18B99A286.jpeg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
as mentioned a bit ago, I backslid on food. I read Hooked. (I intended to get a different book by the same name, but ended up with the book I needed!)

It was insight on why I fell so hard for junk food again. I learned that what food we like and what we want are not the same, and that we like what we eat rather than what we like. 😲 thats helpful!

I need to go back to stratgeies that have worked for me in the past: separate food from marketing (repackage food into canning jars) and eliminate "natural flavors" which are the ingredients that have addictive characteristics.

I need to change some habits - I was bribing DS6 with a strawberry sundae from DQ after school but ordered for myself too often. I took him to the grocery store and let him pick out anything from the ice cream aisle. He picked twin popsicles - those are safe from me! I need to keep my kitchen clean (no food visible) because I'm very suggestible and feel hungry when I notice a food package.

I know that by changing these habits and routines and eliminating "natural flavors" my eating will shift back to healthy. And at some point my taste perception will shift back to normal so that junk food tastes vile again.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Spent about 2 hours in the basement. Have about a full trash can pile of stuff sitting off to the side. Did not find the rest of my canning jars yet