2023 Resolutions

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My 2023 spirit animal is a hummingbird. Hummingbirds represent doing things that feel impossible - like a tiny bird migrating up to 4,000 miles per year. :eek: They also represent frequent self-care, since they must eat every 10 - 15 minutes to stay alive and visit 1,000 - 2,000 flowers per day.

1. Do at least 3 virtual 5Ks. Maybe walk several in-person 5Ks to get over my fear of them.
2. Walk/jog/run 100 miles (treadmill counts).
3. Walk Splash 75 minutes/week for 8 weeks toward FIT Dog bronze title. (I started in 2022, and will have 4 or 5 weeks left).
4. Lose the 10# I gained in Sept-Oct 2022, and another 5 - 10#. Goal weight 120 - 130.
5. Practice better (more frequent) self-care
6. Clean my basement and upstairs. Keep them clean?
7. Use what I already have. This applies to yarn and fabric stash, beauty and fitness items, dog gear, etc. I have plenty but forget about whatever is in storage.
8. Work on my dog training CEU. Possibly by writing a book. Complete FIT Dog instructor training for levels 2 and 3. Get my act together and teach some classes and/or start a FIT Dog club this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have just begun to think of them:

1. Lose about 20-25 lbs
2. Add another $10-15k to savings
3. Get grad party for daughter planned before March 1
4. Put an extra $5k on mortgage this year
5. Clean out extra room (boxes from when we moved 16 years ago, lol)
6. Clean out old kids clothes and toys
7. Clean barn and whitewash walls in the upstairs

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Its almost time! Who has started their list of 2023 Resolutions?

i'm being very organic this year and just absorbing other's while knowing my ones are pretty simple. lose a few more lbs, get more exercise, eat better, get the financial records gone through and standardized, get rid of duplicate picture files on the computer, sort beans, get ready for the seed swap. all things i've done before and know how to do i just need to do it. need to get the will done and that will happen after Mom has her changes made. all there on my mental list. :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Let me update my list and add it here.
1. Get weight down to 205. Means I can start wearing clothes I used to wear.
2. Make use of the free garden space, try growing okra and hot peppers 🌶
3. Homestead acquisition is going to depend on two events outside my control, but be ready for it.
4. Convince the wife to be more frugal/save more. I have a dollar amount in mind, I won't publish here.
5. Get a routine house cleaning schedule in place and stick to it.
6. Do my once a month weekend local photo excursion. Used to do this when I was first divorced, was a good exercise and mental health activity.
7. Try new canning recipes, like enchilada sauce. Attempt pickles again
8. Visit my college buddy in SC.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
1. Do at least 3 virtual 5Ks. Maybe walk several in-person 5Ks to get over my fear of them.
2. Walk/jog/run 100 miles (treadmill counts).
3. Walk Splash 75 minutes/week for 8 weeks toward FIT Dog bronze title. (I started in 2022, and will have 4 or 5 weeks left).
4. Lose the 10# I gained in Sept-Oct 2022, and another 5 - 10#. Goal weight 120 - 130.
5. Practice better (more frequent) self-care
6. Clean my basement and upstairs. Keep them clean?
7. Use what I already have. This applies to yarn and fabric stash, beauty and fitness items, dog gear, etc. I have plenty but forget about whatever is in storage.
8. Work on my dog training CEU. Possibly by writing a book. Complete FIT Dog instructor training for levels 2 and 3. Get my #*$& together and teach some classes and/or start a FIT Dog club this summer.
I'm excited for 2023! I can visualize all these things getting done! Anyone else feeling confident and hopeful?