2023 Resolutions

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Let me update my list and add it here.
1. Get weight down to 205. Means I can start wearing clothes I used to wear. down 8 pounds
2. Make use of the free garden space, try growing okra and hot peppers 🌶
3. Homestead acquisition is going to depend on two events outside my control, but be ready for it.
4. Convince the wife to be more frugal/save more. I have a dollar amount in mind, I won't publish here. making progress, talked her out of a large supply spend we don't need for 2 months; getting the financial tracking up to date is a big motivator. This morning was "why don't we buy this"...talked her out of that too. Wants vs needs
5. Get a routine house cleaning schedule in place and stick to it. working on it
6. Do my once a month weekend local photo excursion. Used to do this when I was first divorced, was a good exercise and mental health activity.
7. Try new canning recipes, like enchilada sauce. Attempt pickles again
8. Visit my college buddy in SC.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Small steps continue.
Wife has stepped up and proactively helping with managing the financial tracking. I appreciate her help.

Almost done with getting garage clutter addressed. With warmer weather coming, might be able to attack stuff I have been toting along since the divorce 10+ years ago.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
#1B done
C done
E done
F done
M done
#4 done have shelf towers in bedroom closets and put up pol brackets with a shelf on top of the brackets.

#5 done bought 2 registered 3 month old ewes Friday.

#6 done Buford is doing great.

#9 not done. Can’t push clutch in, even standing on it. Not gonna happen.

#10 finish list

#11. Get county to add extension culvert on driveway. Will make a 45 degree angle entrance. Currently it is a sharp 90 degree turn and impossible to make the turn with anything over a 20’ trailer.

#12. Buy dirt to build up new driveway extension.

#13. Buy rock to go over the dirt.

#14. Cut fence at halfway mark on driveway, wrap around H brace. Pull back about 40’ of wire, pull up T-posts. This will give dump truck access to small barn building site.

#15. Buy dirt for barn pad, spread it with MY tractor.

#16. Complete #1 E.

#17. Set poles for small barn, 20’x20’
Then build barn and put lean to’s off both sides.

#18. Buy dirt, build pad for two 40’ shipping containers, top with rock.

#19. Buy and either weld or bolt flat bar stock to side of containers. Hire welder to weld the 40’ metal trusses son bought for me. This will make a 40’x40’ barn with 2 shipping containers for storage. Can park trailers and tractors under the cover. This will go in the back field, fairly close to house.

#20. Win the lottery so I can buy the metal roofing. :lol:

#21. Put new roof on house, insurance adjuster coming Friday.

I think that’s all. For now.
I got #11 and #14 done.

I cut and rolled back wire, pulled T-posts for #14

IMG_4392.jpeg

Truck went in the body shop a week ago to get hail damage done. I should get it back in a few days. Then I’ll buy shingles, underlayment and radiant heat barrier, get a roll off box dropped, and be ready to roll on tearing off and replacing the roof.

A friend has a friend that gets him concrete truck wash out for a good price. I’ll use that in the barn, cover with dirt, then top with more wash out. Wash out is when the drivers wash the concrete trucks out, so the left over concrete doesn’t harden and stay in the trucks.

Roof first. Then pull up posts, roll fence back, to get desired angle to driveway, fill in with dirt and washout. Then barn.

I put up a new post and mailbox yesterday, to replace the dilapidated, falling apart, one that I had.

IMG_4413.jpeg

The county brought the maintainer, back hoe, belly dump of dirt and dump truck of road base rock.

IMG_4394.jpeg

IMG_4397.jpeg

The H brace to the left has already been pulled up. The H brace to the right will be pulled up and reset. I’ll drive a T-post about 2-3 feet inside the new culvert as a marker, then run a string to a T-post on the driveway so I can get a visual on where to reset the H brace, and where to put the new H brace on the front. There is rock over that newly spread dirt.

70785199796__CC138EE5-74C0-48C8-B697-3564892ED725.fullsizerender.jpeg

I also asked that they set a new culvert across the road because the road went under water in hard rains, right at my driveway, and they did. They brought in more dirt to build up the road and topped it off with more rock.

Progress is being made.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a resolution to add.
Get better organized so I can grab important items, making it easier and faster to load up and run from fire. Also to make a list, room by room, of everything in the house in case of total destruction.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Well now, years ago I had started a low carb recipe collection. Over the years, all kinds of recipes were printed off and stuffed in the binder. Mostly by the wife

Been asking the wife to sort through and group the recipes (low carb vs not, breakfast items, desserts, etc.) for a while now. Got her on task yesterday.

Long story short, mission accomplished, a little more clutter defeated

Latest posts