2024 Resolutions

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a few things to move to 2024, but overall, I think I did pretty good this year. I am working on my 2024 list. I’m so glad you started this!

From 2023

1. Move 500 gallon diesel fuel tank and stand.
2. Move 4 power poles and assorted
pieces of drill stem pipe.
3. Move my windows. I will build a greenhouse out of them.
4 Finish moving Everything out of son’s house, have yard sale.
5. Get everything out of sons 2 shipping containers. Put in mine. LOL
6. Finish getting craptastic chicken coops in back torn down. I’ve torn stuff off several times and hauled off crap to dumpster. Still a lot to do.
7. Build fence after tearing down chicken coops. They are right on the fence line.
8. Tear down existing sheds.

That concludes 2023 list that I didn’t get done.

1. Move gas grill from sons house and 2 BBQ pits.
2. Move concrete blocks from son’s house.
3. Move stack of used tin from son’s house.
4. Build a 3 sided 70’x20’ barn for sheep in front field, with 10’x10’ feed room in the middle. That’s going to take awhile.

A. Buy power line poles, cut to length.
B. Get friends to help set poles, go around bottom with treated 2x6’s, go around top with 2x6’s to hold poles so they don’t move.

C. Save up for plywood and new R panels for roof. LOL And more 2x6’s for rafters.
D. Haha, then hang rafters, plywood deck, radiant heat barrier and put R panels on.
E. Salvage what I can from old sheds to use on barn.
F. 2024 winter arrives! Wrap barn in plastic, command sheep not to eat it and to hell with it.

5. I have 2 40’ high cube shipping containers dropped in back field. I have to get everything moved from son’s house. I was not prepared for them. So once I do get old sheds torn down and build a pad for them, I’ll have to unload one, get 18 wheeler wrecker to move and set one, move everything back in (hopefully it won’t be much, gonna try to keep one empty) then move the other one.
6. Jack up, block and level shipping containers. After they are moved!
7. Go through BOXES of pictures, hang what I want on the walls, set aside rest for a yard sale. I have gobs of them. :barnie
8. Stain the front porch 2x6 floor.
9. Take sheep registration papers off pile on nightstand, organize and put them in file cabinet I finally got moved to my bedroom.
10. File and organize other important papers.
11. Move sewing machines home.
12. Move cedar chest home.
13. Move old trunk home.
14. Buy some new lawn chairs.
15. Go to Waco, watch sheep and goat auction. The ones around here suck. Waco is 3 hours away. Other good sheep and goat auctions are farther away, in west Texas.
16. Synchronize breeding so I have a load of lambs to take to auction. Keep the best for selling for breeding stock, what doesn’t make the cut, goes to auction.
17. Make a sign to hang on front fence by driveway with my address on it. Address is a private road that no longer exists. Makes it hard to find me.
18. Put trim up in house. It’s starting to bug me.
19. Learn how to cut trim. Eff up some, get it right, do happy dance.
20. Clean outside of house, vinyl siding.

That’s all I can think of right now. .
Whoa! I actually have done some of these!

#1. Done!

#4-Z (not on list) but dirt to raise level of barn to get sheep out of mud. Bought and spread 1 load, will take more. Bought and spread another load for pad for temporary hoop shelter for sheep NOW and put up hoop shelter. Moved 14 fat pregnant ewes to front field. So far, not muddy on inside. I feel accomplished.

IMG_6067.jpeg

IMG_6068.jpeg

#11. Done.

#12. Mom’s old cedar chest was coming apart. Found a guy to pick it up and redo it.

#13. Done.

#17. Done.

I got sidetracked helping a friend tape and float sheetrock in the barndominium he is building. That bit a chunk out of 4 weeks.
I’m glad I helped, he’s had 6 brain surgeries and has a shunt in his brain to drain fluids off. I did ceilings because looking up made him nauseous and throwing up. My neck and shoulders screamed at me in pain, but it was worth it.

I had to crawl around on the pile of flooring in this room. My back hated me too. Not a drinker, but I finished off the 1 year old box of wine that night! And yes, I got another box of wine in refrigerator.

IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6057.jpeg

Also, weather didn’t cooperate, got 22” of rain from January 8 to February 10. I just tried to survive. Got a hard freeze tossed in there, storage building door fell off late one frozen evening, I put a tarp over the doorway. It’s a real PIA, need to add building and hanging a new door to list-and cutting out rotted 2x4 frame and scabbing in a new piece. LOL

The road in front of my farm.

Attachment.jpeg

Had to leave my car at church, neighbors brought me home on their 4WD truck. After several days, I could get my car to neighbors house, then took Kawasaki mule to their house to get in my car. One neighbor drove her car through that water, it died next morning on way to work. Engine and transmission are graveyard dead.

County finally made it out LAST WEEK to rebuild the road. 170 roads in this precinct, most were worse off than mine.

Got some more to add to my list!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can’t edit my original list. That sucks.

#21. I have 5 HUGE burn piles from bulldozing front fence row to burn. They may be too wet now. By summer it will be too dry and a burn ban will be on. Neighbor has some too and he’s not having much luck. It may take until next spring.

#22. Door fell off portable building during ice storm. Between rotted door frame and rotted door, it wasn’t going back on. So, repair door frame and build and hang new door.

#23. Chainsaw and machete chop fence row on back field.
A. North side to corner post
B. Back fence to corner post
C. I’m gonna die…..