2024 Resolutions

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Managed to keep the weight between 215 and 219 for a month now. Going to try to drop another 5 in February. Doctor talked about going off of BP meds next visit

I am 6ft tall, I look like a toothpick taped to a volley ball. Progress

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Managed to keep the weight between 215 and 219 for a month now. Going to try to drop another 5 in February. Doctor talked about going off of BP meds next visit

I am 6ft tall, I look like a toothpick taped to a volley ball. Progress

and here i thought you were a tater... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i have made some progress. worms are fed. alternate couch/futon (the other one in this room besides the one i normally perch on) is somewhat cleaned off so i have room for working on other things and also got some papers gone through and torn up so they can be thrown away. they aren't suitable for worm food so they go out in the trash...

i also continued my other project and happy with progress.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My biggest one is

1. Go to bed at 9/9:15 pm. Everything else seems to depend on this.

Health goals
1. Maintain 120 - 130#. I'm right at the top of this range, and I'd like to be in the middle. However, if I gain muscle mass, this weight goal is meaningless. Instead, I would switch to staying in size 6/size small clothes.
2. Several small goals relating to gaining muscle mass, bone mass, and mobility. Won't list them individually, but I have a detailed list of things to do.

Budget goals - Many small goals that add up to "spend less money". Closely related to budget- manage my schedule better

Parenting goals - many here too, gotta get kids to do what they're told. Build on the foundation of wake/sleep routine from 2023.

General to-do list-
Paint garden shed
Paint chicken coop
Paint west side of barn
Stain deck
Paint kids' bedrooms
Make drapes for primary bedroom (started in 2023)
Garden, but don't buy anything
Not doing well. Getting sick last month reversed my progress on almost every one of these. :( gotta start again...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Okay @tortoise here is my starting list

1. Don't sweat the small stuff, be more patient with myself
2. Remember most of life is the small stuff
3. Remember progress is made one single step at a time.
4. January goal is to get my office done.
5. February goal is to have a plan for gardening in 2024
6. Continue my CCC time (coffee, cats, contemplation) in the morning
7. Continue reducing the stuff, particularly books, puzzles, and games
8. Keep adding to the list
#3 is ongoing.
#4 I have a general plan together, still taking the wife's input, but trying to balance her desires to help with her abilities to help.
#5 kitchen and family room got bumped in priority. Just need to hang curtains over the sink, touch up some trim painting on the pantry door, and assemble a new small cupboard (waiting on a replacement piece on a part that was out of spec)
#7 pecking away at the garage
#6 is the only item concretely attended to.

Last edited: