2dreams - Its Spring In Mississippi w/pallet bed pic

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
2dream, I'm not totally sure what to say right now, but I do know what ALS is and what the people who are diagnosed with it go through.

I wish I was closer to help you with the day to day things. When you first started explaining your DH's symptoms ALS was the first thing that came to my mind, because that's what my MIL had. My husband and I both know first hand what both the person with ALS and their family goes through.

My prayers are with you, and your husband. We also hope your mother is doing better.

We will pray for God's healing on your husband. We will pray that a strong support will be made available to you, and not just online support, either, but local, physical, compassionate people who will come and lend a hand when needed.

May God also give you continued strength, and encouragement, and always remind you that you're not alone and that you and greatly loved.

:hugs

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh Wanda, honey, I'm so sorry. Hopefully the dr will figure out what is wrong and you all can move forward. It helps when you actually know what's wrong. The waiting is the worst part.

just remember that we are all here for you if you need a hug or need to vent your frustrations! We love you babe! :hugs

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hugs and love are greatly appreciated always but especially right now. You all just keep on having fun and posting about your adventures is SS land. It keeps me reading.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Jay remined me that I was not forgotten with his post about my potato failure. I could not believe that he remembered that from a year ago.
You know, I value many things in life, along with real friends here with me, my internet friends are with me to. Take this into perspective

ie: I am posting to your journal because I want to comment and tell you how I feel about this. I am a human, and I care about people/life. Though I am posting this right now, in the future you will read this and think of my feelings and opinion. I extend my feelings in this medium because this is the medium that you and I communicate on. Written here in pixel format is what I have decided to share with you. We all share with each other here because we are reaching out to perhaps like folks, or folks with common interest.

Folks here gave to the wildlife rehab center in honor of my father/linda as a sign of kindness towards me. Also I want to mention folks purchased flowers for their funeral and when I arrived and looked at all the names of who sent flowers, a simple card read " from your sufficient self friends, our prayers are with you " no names were on the card. I was a little surprised at first, then two more flower sets were from two other sites my wife post on.

So when I say " I am sorry to read the bad news about your DH, I do feel for your troubles. " I am sorry for your troubles.

Though we are friends here on-line, in this place, we are still friends. Friendship is a important part of our mental health, and if I wanna sit in my living room in my jim-jams/pj's, sip on a cup of joe, and tell you I remembered your taters failed, I can do that. I will remind you that its important to have a healthy life outside of the internet as well.

We are after all, friends. :)

You know what is awsome? On-line I have no clue what you look like, so I develop my opinion of you according to what you post and how I read what you post. Often folks will meet outside this medium, some will say " you look nothing like I pictured you ". I always thought that free wore long dresses, I read today in one of her old post, she was teaching a class, she lifted her long skirt to show off her legs!!! LOL...

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, hugs and prayers for you, DH and your mom. I don't know you, and vice versa, but I do know in my heart about how others feel about you and your friendships with everyone on the forum.

Sometimes it helps lighten a burden to talk (or type) about it. Something about getting out of the worrysome brain any sort of words, will really begin to help you process the whole event. So do share; we are all Terrific listeners!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My heart is heavy for you. I know how hard it is to receive that news.

I could go on but I think a hug will say more. :hugs

gina

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Thank you all so much. I have been so overwhelmed lately I just have not had a moment to myself. I hesitated sharing all of this but know now I made the right decision. You have all made me feel
better with all your kind words and hugs.

We did get the news late this afternoon that the biopsy is cancerous. Now we have to wait until Tuesday to see what course of action they will take and Wednesday we will find out if this particular cancer can cause the ALS symptoms.

I guess it sounds kind of strange that we prayed for a cancerous tumor prior to knowing for sure because that is better than ALS.

Now we are praying that it is the right kind of cancer to cause the symptoms.

But at least now we know something where before we knew nothing.

Latest posts