2dreams - Its Spring In Mississippi w/pallet bed pic

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Rain is holding usback from getting started as well. Everything is SO soggy :barnie

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
:hugs I know how you feel about the rain. It's been so wet here since mid-August that there's only been about 5 or 6 days that I didn't have to wear my muck boots to feed the horses. There's a puddle that just won't dry up. And, we had farmers that weren't able to get all their crops in.
You Win. I won't complain anymore. Its been wet here for about 2 months and I am frustrated but your post got me beyond that. I can now sympathize with someone instead of being frustrated.

Edited to add: Wannabee - how long has it been raining in your neck of the woods? Maybe I should change this to "Complain About the Rain" section of my journal. LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
NC is on the drier side (now)
oh yea we were getting the big big rain storms but it seems to be gone.
mush, red carolina clay MUD, yuck and terror for the carpets :lol:

we warmed up but now got that super chill to the air again.

come on spring!!!! if we all gang up and say 'come on spring' maybe it will work! get here faster :)

HOPE YOU are doing well!!

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the cold has finally found south carolina.......spose to be like 24 here sunday night.....

i like the cold

for some reason my brain thinks that if its a hot winter the summer will be worse than ever

doesnt the winter help control the summer or something like that

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't know, but they're calling for a low in the teens tomorrow night. If I had known that this morning, I would have put more straw in w/my chickens. Instead, I'll have to do it tomorrow-in the snow. I was ready for spring, now we're back in winter.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
its COLD...i look out my windows and see daffodills and think YAY spring...then i go outside and remmeber...its FEBRUARY! lol.
if it wasnt for the cold it wouldnt be too bad right now but like WBF mentioned were soggy...seems we get just enough rain to make the ground a muddy mess, then a dry period thats just not quite long enough to let everything dry out before more rain...so JUST as it starts to get dry enough to do something with we get a bout of wet weather...its like a giant tease...her ya go heres some sun....look look drying drying...OOOOO hers some rain for ya mwhahaha!

:barnie

lol

the 60 1 day 30 the next thing isnt exactly making life easier either!
im pretty sure mother nature is bipolar...

come on spring!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like what we've been dealing w/since August. I'm tired of wearing boots to feed the horses. I've never had to do it this long B4. :(

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My daughter and I planted some bulbs. The kind you do indoors on rocks in a glass dish. Maybe try something like that? Something to get you through until spring really has arrived?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of us are having the same weather patterns. Pinkfox you are soooooooooooo right on that tease thing. Bipolar ummmmm. Maybe you are right.

DD I agree, tired of those boots tromping through all the muck but the one good thing is I have this fantastic calf deep water hole right at my back door so I can swhish all the muck off my boots before I go inside. LOL

Rathbone - I actually thought about digging up some daffodils and bringing them inside but my 3 year old granddaughter would probably eat them or strow the whole pot, flowers and all through the house screaming, look granny I found flowers.:lol: