72 Buick GTX Skylark

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
But your a guy. Isnt it in your DNA to fix cars? :lol: You know you want to. And you want it. Bad. :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I have a little bit different taste in old vehicles (think K5 Blazer, Scout), but the ones we want are starting to get pricey too... Especially here, finding one that isn't rusted out is an issue...

Bummer but good call on not biting, hard to walk away when you've got an emotional investment in it.
Wow, a Scout. Memories of being out at 4am with my grandfather plowing snow. 11 years old. I miss him and that time together.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yeah I talked to my mom about it all and surprising my dad. I would buy it, sell it to my dad for a dollar. They would insure it and then put it into their will, that I get it back upon my fathers passing. That way he could enjoy it for a dollar, plus tags, insurance & gas. I thought it might be a good (long term) investment and something for my dad to have fun with. Classics keep going up in price.

I just got off the phone with my mom and had break the news - no go :( but then again... Momma didn't braise no fool either.
Probably the best decision

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dang! Do you do windows and take out the trash?