$80 organic turkey....and

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
AND for the record I would much rather buy a piece of land that is an investment rather than a 20$ organic chicken that I MYSELF wouldnt call organic, I have seen the regulations by which they are raise. Not my version of organic.
I don't live in your country and my country has different regulations. Plus, I personally know my producers and know personally how they raise my food.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Beekissed said:
Yes, it's a discussion--but it's always good to take good manners into account when using words like "ridiculous" to describe the "suckers" who apparently "have money to burn".
Moolie, if you can find anywhere in my post where I referred to anyone as being ridiculous, suckers, or having money to burn, I'll glady apologize....please do search and verify those descriptors in my posts, won't you? :)
No? Couldn't find them? Probably because I didn't make those references. :rolleyes: Good manners also include not jumping to conclusions, reading hostility into someone's wording and allowing someone to have their opinions the same as you have yours.
Beekissed, I do apologize for attributing those words to you. I was reading quotes within quotes and got that wrong, and that is totally my error.

You don't need to be in such a hurry to call me down for my mistake either. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, and edited my post to include the descriptor you did actually use, before you even asked this question. Then I was busy replying to other posts--I'm not super human, I can't read all the posts that occur while I'm typing.

I'm not being argumentative, nor am I jumping to conclusions. I'm providing another side to the discussion. This thread contains so many assumptions that have no base in my reality, and I object to how one-sided this discussion has been right from the start.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This thread contains so many assumptions that have no base in my reality, and I object to how one-sided this discussion has been right from the start.
I can see that. We come from all walks of life and I can try to be a bit more sensitive....and maybe you can realize that the discussion was one-sided simply because the prices paid for meat had no base in most of our reality either. So we both work from our own frame of reference. We were commenting on something that seemed out of this world to us....so far beyond anything we could imagine ourselves doing that it seemed like something surreal~and, in our world, unnecessary.

Then you come along and say~I do it and I resent the fact that you all are making such rude comments on it. At least, you could have said that...and then I would have apologized for the whole "lobotomy" thingy because, obviously, I've never ever met anyone in MY reality that would pay that much for meat.

So....after all is said and done, let me say, "Moolie, I am sorry for saying you must have had a lobotomy if you paid $80 for 14 lbs of meat. It was highly insensitive of me and I sincerely hope you will forgive me."

:hugs

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Beekissed :hugs

And FWIW I've never paid $80 for 14 lbs of organic free-range meat either (as I posted above) because I wait till it's on sale ;)

What I actually said is that those prices are not unusual ;) and reflect the true cost of raising that quality of meat.