TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I crochet, my mother taught me when I was very young. I don't bother with the fancy stitches. Mot of the time I find myself using something between a double and triple stitch. Makes the project go faster.

My latest favorite is the Sugar and Cream all cotton yarn. It's is what I use for my kitchen projects. Oh, I did these for my girls for Christmas.

This is the pocket and front of an apron.
333_img_2234.jpg

It is definetly something I like to do in the fall and winter. I can stay warm under my project.

:D

sorry the pic is so huge. :hide

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I crochet, my mother taught me when I was very young. I don't bother with the fancy stitches. Mot of the time I find myself using something between a double and triple stitch. Makes the project go faster.

My latest favorite is the Sugar and Cream all cotton yarn. It's is what I use for my kitchen projects. Oh, I did these for my girls for Christmas.

This is the pocket and front of an apron.
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/333_img_2234.jpg

It is definetly something I like to do in the fall and winter. I can stay warm under my project.

:D

sorry the pic is so huge. :hide
Right , you dint bother with fancy stuff.
That s just awesome work.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I love the chickie!

I have crocheted since 3rd grade when a friend taught me in school (using a pencil!). My mother encouraged me by buying me one of those all-in-one afghan kits and saying she wanted "this one". Unfortunately "this one" was a knitted afghan :lol: So I went to the elderly lady next door and she taught me how to knit and crochet. I am so grateful to her for sharing her skills with me that have stood me well my whole life.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I think what you see there Neko Chan is someone using stitch counting and color changing to create something really special. Some other designs and looks are created by special stitches. I used to work with a lady who was an expert crochet person and she had an array of special stitches that was amazing. Some took up a lot of yard. I learned and used the "shell" stitch.

But you can do a whole lot with just single crochet and double crochet and they are much better for a beginner than trying fancy stitches. You obviously can get a very professional look using it too.

That is really nice work Tankshill. Makes me want to get some yarn and a hook again, now that I have a little more time on my hands.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You know that little apron is nothing more than a double stitch. The chicken had a little instruction guide. Number of stitches turn, add one etc. It was hard for me but I kept at it.

:idunno

I wish I could crochet/knit clothes. I Nifty Knitted some sock slippers last year but that's about it.

I guess practice makes perfect.

Keep at it Neko, it will get easier.

g

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I gotta ask :hide. What is meant by "I can has crochet now"? I have been trying to figure it out, but can't, even thoug I know what the thread is about, I can't understand what the title was supposed to say. Again :hide, but curiosity has overruled and i hafta ask.

(not meaning to be disrespectful :))