Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
247ee2a3-ba77-4704-b56d-836f1f31e237.jpg

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I am good on the clothes thing. I can sew and loom knit. I have no objection to wearing animals skins if necessary. Summer is easy. Who needs clothes? :gig

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I do plan on picking up a drop spindle. Just watching for good sales.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Get a drop spindle (they are dirt cheap compared to spinning wheels) and someone here just got a bonanza of alpaca fleeces (I forget who already, darn old brain :/). It is fun and you feel like you are accomplishing something when you see your own yarn forming and then knitting (or crocheting or weaving) it. I LOVE fiber!

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I can kinda' spin, kinda' knit, kinda crochet, weave well, sew well, mend very well and have made all kinds of things from scrap. I could get better with more practice!
However, my Great grandma and my grandma were GREAT! Least I say "perfect" crocheters! My Great grandma would make all that fine lacy stuff! Even into her late 80's and after she broke her wrist! The doctor said she would never be able to crochet anymore.... HA! Half blind and a "bad" wrist, she could still do it... even well enough to sell doilies and pillowcases! My grandma made Afghans to sell ever since I can remember! One year I thought she should enter one at the county fair. She pulled one off the shelf in the closet and said "I guess you can enter this one, I made it for a church raffle, so I need it back" This was her "every day, nothing special" work.... It got Grand Champion! I was PG at the time w/ my daughter... it went to her and grandma made another (in 3 weeks) for the raffle! ;)