Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
Dace said:
Farmfresh said:
It is "hikerchick" Dace... or are you teasing? :p
:gig
Ok clearly I am an idiot......I read her post about someone calling her biker chick ....and I was thinking is that so bad? To ride a motorcycle? I guess I got confused! :lol:
No problem! Nothing wrong with being a bikerchick- it's just that the person who used to call me that was trying to imply that because I am happily single, I am more manly than I should be.

Hmpf. I do have a chain saw and know how to use a gas powered log splitter - but still - I am feminine as a flower. :)
OK, how about bikerflower? :gig

Sorry.....anywho, welcome!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea people huh? ya just want to :tongue

then smack them but the internet makes that difficult..HAHA

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This thread has taken on a life of its own :lol: but that OK, because it seems to have a very full and interesting life ;)
After my DH's bout with cancer a few years ago the doctor recommended that he add Vit. D to the pills he takes every day. I have started to take some too. Interestingly, he doesn't have any problem with vitamins, only herbs.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Funny. I have never found echinicea helpful myself. I just gave up on it. I do recommend taking vitamin c to bowel tolerance if you are sick read about it here. www.vitamincfoundation.org put bowel tolerance in their search button.

also when sick you can take vitamin D3 50,000 IU , one pill 3xday for 3 days.
and yes, you read that right. 50,000 IU

If your husband has had cancer he should have a blood level up around 80 to 90 on the vitamin D3. Won't know unless you get tested

I like Biotech brand.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
Well, thanks. NOw I realize I have totally hijacked this thread. OOps.
:lol: I wouldn't worry about that. You should see some of the threads here . . . they start reasonably enough . . . but usually end up somewhere completely different. I think there was one about butter that got way out of hand. :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
Hmpf. I do have a chain saw and know how to use a gas powered log splitter - but still - I am feminine as a flower. :)
So ... now explain to me why your feeling so different. :hu

Don't we ALL have chain saws and log splitters .... OH... that's right those "NORMAL" girls don't do this stuff do they! :gig

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, man, I would LOVE to have a log splitter.

Personally, I have observed that women who are SS tend to have an admirable strength of character that is the epitome of womanhood (Proverbs 31, anyone?)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
An old fat gal with arthritis surely can!

You just load 'er up and move the handles back and forth ... like jacking up a car.

Do it enough and I might just lose a little weight as well! :gig