A must-see film!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Keljonma, I had trouble trying to see that one. But I am going to try and put the other one on my Facebook wall. I would like to see it, if I can find it in my area.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our local blockbuster has this film. I was just talking to a friend who manages the new movies. He mentioned the same line that Aidenbaby did. I replied "Thats why I bought chickens."

Gonna rent it tonight!!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nope, miscommunication. I thought he had a preview copy in already. But no. Shoot...

ETA: That just goes to show you how much I pay attention to the theaters :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Well, nowadays it takes far less time for films to get from the theater to dvd or even to tv. I bet this one will be like "An Inconvenient Truth" and be available pretty quickly. I will be surprised if it makes it to tv, though. Even "public" tv is taking advertising dollars now.

I heard an ad on NPR from Monsanto last week....some drivel about their "sustainable" farming practices, increasing crop production so less fossil fuels will be needed to produce them! Yeah, GMO is sustainable, sure! :rolleyes:

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope it does come quickly to video, we have a crummy theater that is almost 45 minutes away, not worth the drive.

I loathe monsanto corp. Terminator genes anyone? The food! Its ALIVE!!!

I just want to eat real food that isn't drowned or BRED with chemical/genetic treatments, animal products that come from animals that are treated with a measure of respect, fed their real diets & cleanly slaughtered. Is that too much to ask?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yeah, I just read recently that there is more proof that GM food is causing health problems in people. :/ It doesn't surprise me, but the genes that have been spliced into the food organisms are combining with the microorganisms in the digestive tract and are expressing their toxic properties there. I read that this might explain the apparent recent upsurge in irritable bowl syndrome.

I know . . . those Monsanto ads have been going on for a while now. I'm not sure who they think they are fooling. :lol: