A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It happens. The very next day my high dollar digital refrigeration gages failed on the job. Ive been having to work with ANALOG gages. :(
Of coarse it happens on the busiest week of the year.

So i spent the egg and pickle money i was saving for new rabbit cages on tools today. Just didnt trust those old beat up gages from tech school. They have been threw way too much.

Bad things always come in 3s. Still waiting on the next thing.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Think maybe the garden dying off from the heat counts?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 7931

5 more quarts of yard long green beans. Thanks baymule!
I am so glad that you like them! They make a LOT of beans. Plant them in the same place next year, they should start producing a little earlier. It's like they have to get acclimated to your area, then they get down to growing beans! Have you already saved seed for next year?

Have you fried any yet? Rolled in buttermilk, then dredged in seasoned flour/cornmeal and fried--YUM! Dip in Ranch dressing and they are so good!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nope. Just canned em. I guess i better let some go to seed huh?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nope. Lost the hatch last night. Breaker tripped and incubator went cold. Thats cool. I can always reload it.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Im soooo tempted to turn the chickens on the garden right now! most of the stuff has slowed or stopped producing. But the bugs are still all over everything. God i hate bugs! It might be worth it to lose a few green tomatoes just so the bugs get eaten.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pick your green tomatoes, slice, bread and fry... yum! Or wrap each individually in newspaper and don't let them touch each other. They might still ripen.