Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i ended up with all these fully formed chicks. none even pipped. something went
20220415_181510.jpg
wrong. not sure what

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm certainly not an expert, but I know you've had higher % hatches previously. Were the non-hatchers all on one shelf or interspersed throughout? (don't you have multiple shelves?) Only thing I can think of is double check everything, temp, humidity. Where did you get the eggs? From your flock or did you purchase them? Were they older eggs or pretty fresh? :hu

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ive had chicks start pipping and then quit. For some reason they just arent strong enough to finish the job. 🙁

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm certainly not an expert, but I know you've had higher % hatches previously. Were the non-hatchers all on one shelf or interspersed throughout? (don't you have multiple shelves?) Only thing I can think of is double check everything, temp, humidity. Where did you get the eggs? From your flock or did you purchase them? Were they older eggs or pretty fresh? :hu
most were mine. i move them around alot during incubation. maybe they got too hot? idk

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well i got the incubator cleaned up, sanitized and tuned up. dissembled the fan motor and oiled it up. its hard on these little fans to run for 3 weeks straight with no breaks or maintenance.

anyhow im warming it up for another hatch. i think the temp got too high so im going to back the set point down 1 degree. the last hatch was 3 days early
20220418_205508.jpg