A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Chic Rustler Hugs to you and your family. So glad they caught it before damage was done. But, the risk factors that caused it are still there, along with even more risk after the first heart attack. None of us are promised tomorrow, but... you can do everything in your power to decrease your risk.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a relief! Whew! You dodged a bullet, for sure. I am so thankful that you have no damage to your heart. Be careful of medications the doctors may want to put you on. Some of them are bad news. My husband was on Lipitor and was literally losing his mind. His memory was gone, he couldn't remember anything from the day before-or 30 minutes ago. Then the blood pressure prescription, Metaprolol (I think-spelling) lowered his blood pressure so much that he couldn't function. He just felt bad all the time. He doesn't take either one any more. Not trying to be a downer, just pay attention to side effects.

Absolutely right @Lazy Gardener The risk factors that caused the heart attack are still there. @Chic Rustler this was your wake up call..... answer the phone!! It is decision time.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What a relief! Whew! You dodged a bullet, for sure. I am so thankful that you have no damage to your heart. Be careful of medications the doctors may want to put you on. Some of them are bad news. My husband was on Lipitor and was literally losing his mind. His memory was gone, he couldn't remember anything from the day before-or 30 minutes ago. Then the blood pressure prescription, Metaprolol (I think-spelling) lowered his blood pressure so much that he couldn't function. He just felt bad all the time. He doesn't take either one any more. Not trying to be a downer, just pay attention to side effects.

Absolutely right @Lazy Gardener The risk factors that caused the heart attack are still there. @Chic Rustler this was your wake up call..... answer the phone!! It is decision time.

I'm done sucking eggs.

NOT sure about the scripts. I think I'll be taking plavix and aspirin. my blood pressure is always fine. I'm going to try and take as little meds as possible. we will see what the doc says when I leave.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got home from the hospital. ended up settling for 4 prescription drugs instead of 5. I talked them out of the blood pressure stuff.
a few of them are the ones bay mentioned. plavix, monto...something, and a generic nexium to prevent ulcers? oh and baby aspirin. still too many dang pills! but I'm thinking I'll get off of them in a couple months. just gotta get healthy.

in other news the corn is starting to come up. some of the potatoes are up and alot of the green beans are up. it's gonna look nice when everything is filled in

as of now it's been 3 days and 6 hours since my last cigarette. bit to be fair I used a couple nicotine patches at the hospital.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How are the patches working for you? If I ever get back to see my doctor again I'm gonna ask for them for myself. I tried cold turkey and am an asshole... Maybe the patches will be better than nothing?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Stick with those patches. They won't kill you the way the cigarettes will. Use all the help you can get. It's tougher to give up cigarettes than it is for an alcoholic to give up the bottle.

I'm gonna try and wien off. nicotine hardens arteries. not good