A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm alive.

Oh nooo! Great to hear you're alive, but so sorry to hear about the heart attack. (But, seriously - your timing does suck!) I hope you don't have any lasting damage. You're young, active and strong so hopefully you can have a good recovery. Listen to your docs and take care of yourself!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok, time for some tough love. STOP FREAKING SMOKING! Stop now and never smoke again. Life is good, someday you want to walk your daughter down the aisle, but you can’t do it if you are dead. This is the birthday she will never forget, the day her Daddy almost died. Do you really want to give her the memory of the day her Daddy died?

My husband smoked. Nothing I could say or do would convince him to stop. A triple bypass open heart surgery and a stern warning from his cardiologist finally clobbered him over the head and he quit. His last pack of cigarettes is still in the fruit bowl in the kitchen. He would pick it up, pull one out, think about being DEAD and put it back. I suggest you do the same. It is a mind exercise. You look at the cigarette, picture yourself dead and decide that you are bigger than that deadly cigarette and that it is not going to control your life.

If you want to live, YOU MUST QUIT.

I sincerely pray that you have minimal damage from this heart attack. I pray that this is a warning so you can make the necessary changes for a healthier lifestyle. Your family needs you. What will your decision be?