Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20201011_174829.jpg
persimmon jam

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stop the worry. Stress is not good!!!

Paying bills, able to set a little aside, relax some -- you will be fine. With all the food supplies, you won't have much of anything to go to the store to get -- THAT is a huge savings for a family your size. Step back and look at your stocks and needs. You may have a different view.

Heart issues can be controlled very well....not just meds but, personal behaviours. You got this! Heck, I see you not just raising those kids but, rocking grandkids. :old

Your chicken & rabbit canning looks good. Yep, either way but, I dry can like FEM. pack it in, no water, it cooks up and has juice when done. Fortunately the last I canned was already deboned when I got it.😃

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
still alive! there just isn't much going on around the place. bred so.e rabbits and fed some meat birds. gonna build some cages soon. still studying for my big test in Feb.

I just heard that the potus lost the election. I'm pretty bummed out. not that I liked him, he was as smooth as sand paper but I'll be honest, my pay has DOUBLED since he's been in office and I'm sure it because of all the growth and new construction. I got a feeling that's gonna dry up and alot of tradesmen are gonna be out of work. oh well, that's why we live this way. so we aren't dependant on things. right? let it rip!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good to hear from you! Covid is coming back around, y’all do what you can to stay safe. A well stocked pantry and freezer sure brings peace of mind.

How are you doing on your meat chickens? All in the freezer? What age do you butcher yours? I was a little late on the fall batch, DH had hip replacement surgery in the middle of butcher time, a neighbor pitched in and helped. Where do you get the shrink bags?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like a zucchini cross. I had yellow squash and zucchini cross one year and I got a zucchini shape, green on both ends and a yellow band in the middle. They were quite pretty!

I package the thighs as boneless and skinless. I sprinkle them with lemon pepper and pan grill. Delicious! Try it.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
still alive! there just isn't much going on around the place. bred so.e rabbits and fed some meat birds. gonna build some cages soon. still studying for my big test in Feb.

I just heard that the potus lost the election. I'm pretty bummed out. not that I liked him, he was as smooth as sand paper but I'll be honest, my pay has DOUBLED since he's been in office and I'm sure it because of all the growth and new construction. I got a feeling that's gonna dry up and alot of tradesmen are gonna be out of work. oh well, that's why we live this way. so we aren't dependant on things. right? let it rip!

It's not over until the litigation is over. When thousands of dead people have voted, when the voter count is 25% greater than the number of registered voters. When video footage SHOWS woman who is supposed to be counting ballots, sitting with pen in hand, filling out and correcting ballots, while other counters and security guard is right there. When witnesses are not allowed to observe vote counts... I pray that justice is done, that truth prevails.

As for your gardening pics: LOVE that tractor.