Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sweet relish!
20210627_215519.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on the outdoor canning set up. That will sure help in keeping the house cool. Y’all do a lot of canning so this is going to be a wonderful thing to have.

On the CCX, do you part them out or package whole? I part most of mine out, saves room in the freezer.
Boneless skinless breast-1 half per pkg
Thighs-boneless skinless 5 per pkg because there’s 5 in DDs family
Drumsticks-4 per pkg, DDs family doesn’t like them
Wings-I cut them for Buffalo wings, no less than 10 per pkg, DDs family doesn’t get any, those are ours! LOL

Backs get stuffed into quart jars with necks, wing tips, skin, hearts, etc and canned for dogs.

Bones from thighs and breast get simmered for broth. I pick meat off breast bones, sometimes can it, sometimes use it immediately in a meal.

We like the gizzards and livers, they get packaged separately.

It saves a lot of room in the freezer and the pieces are faster to thaw and prepare, a bonus for working parents.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congratulations on the outdoor canning set up. That will sure help in keeping the house cool. Y’all do a lot of canning so this is going to be a wonderful thing to have.

On the CCX, do you part them out or package whole? I part most of mine out, saves room in the freezer.
Boneless skinless breast-1 half per pkg
Thighs-boneless skinless 5 per pkg because there’s 5 in DDs family
Drumsticks-4 per pkg, DDs family doesn’t like them
Wings-I cut them for Buffalo wings, no less than 10 per pkg, DDs family doesn’t get any, those are ours! LOL

Backs get stuffed into quart jars with necks, wing tips, skin, hearts, etc and canned for dogs.

Bones from thighs and breast get simmered for broth. I pick meat off breast bones, sometimes can it, sometimes use it immediately in a meal.

We like the gizzards and livers, they get packaged separately.

It saves a lot of room in the freezer and the pieces are faster to thaw and prepare, a bonus for working parents.
ive done both but quartering seems to be best.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had chicken kabobs Saturday, they were so good!
Marinade;
Soy sauce
Onion powder
Ketchup
Honey
Worchestor

edited to add several cloves of grated garlic. I forgot when I posted this.

Amounts unknown, 4 year old was putting it in a gallon ziplock bag.

Last edited:

Latest posts