A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How can you call it pumpkin pie when its squash?
The Libbeys pumpkin in a can, is, in fact, BUTTERNUT SQUASH.

Many winter squashes are pretty much the same as, and considered to be pumpkin. Pumpkin is a winter squash in a cuter wrapper.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Libbeys pumpkin in a can, is, in fact, BUTTERNUT SQUASH.

Many winter squashes are pretty much the same as, and considered to be pumpkin. Pumpkin is a winter squash in a cuter wrapper.

Hi I'm crealcritter, I am a recovered pie-a-holic. I even had a pie safe, to keep my pies safe from you eating them. When it comes to pumpkin, go with ripe heirloom sugar pie pumpkin fresh from the garden. Leave the tin can of orange glop in the pantry, you'll be glad you did.

No wait... Forget about the ripe sugar pie, go with the tin can of orange glop instead. That way I won't see you at the monthly pie-a-holic meetings.

And with regards to Butternut squash, it's nothing but pumpkin pie in July. But 🤫 don't tell anyone 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi I'm crealcritter, I am a recovered pie-a-holic. I even had a pie safe, to keep my pies safe from you eating them. When it comes to pumpkin, go with ripe heirloom sugar pie pumpkin fresh from the garden. Leave the tin can of orange glop in the pantry, you'll be glad you did.

No wait... Forget about the ripe sugar pie, go with the tin can of orange glop instead. That way I won't see you at the monthly pie-a-holic meetings.

And with regards to Butternut squash, it's nothing but pumpkin pie in July. But 🤫 don't tell anyone 👍

Hi @CrealCritter im Baymule. I raised Giant Pink Banana squash a couple of years ago and it made some fine pumpkin pie! I will have to try the sugar pie pumpkin!

Pumpkin pie for breakfast is a wholesome meal to start the day.
Pumpkin!
Eggs!
Milk!
Flour for the crust!
Sugar!
Spices!

Pumpkin pie covers the major food groups, except meat, so have some bacon with that breakfast pumpkin pie!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi @CrealCritter im Baymule. I raised Giant Pink Banana squash a couple of years ago and it made some fine pumpkin pie! I will have to try the sugar pie pumpkin!

Pumpkin!
Eggs!
Milk!
Flour for the crust!
Sugar!
Spices!

Pumpkin pie covers the major food groups, except meat, so have some bacon with that breakfast pumpkin pie!
I like the way you think @baymule.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Pumpkin!
Eggs!
Milk!
Flour for the crust!
Sugar!
Spices!

if you make the crust out of bacon that would be perfect for me. :) one dish meals... :)