A Small problem with my canning ;)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Good luck, Delia! What do you plan on canning first?
Everything I can get my hands on! :gig I have a friend whose Mom has the Ball canning book you mentioned, and I pick that up this weekend! I would like to do some jams or jellies, and some soups first.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I make company come and look at all my jars. :p
Oh, I am so glad I am not the only one to do this. I have taken all my friends down to my canning cupboard and showed them all the beautiful jars. :clap

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I agree with Freemotion. I keep mine out for about a week before I store them away. I try to keep them out of direct sun, but there is something nice about glancing up and seeing all that hard work and sunshine packed in a jar. By sunshine, of course, I mean the sun's energy captured by the plant cells and turned into sugars . . . ok, sorry, just wanted to explain what I meant. :p

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
FarmerDenise said:
Oh, I am so glad I am not the only one to do this. I have taken all my friends down to my canning cupboard and showed them all the beautiful jars. :clap
I drag my company to the unfinished basement to show off all my jars.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK I don't feel like some kind of wacko now. :hide I like showing certain folks the shelves I built and everything I keep on them.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
FarmerDenise said:
I do this to my husband :D He's such a sweetie that he even pretends to be impressed!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I agree with Freemotion. I keep mine out for about a week before I store them away. I try to keep them out of direct sun, but there is something nice about glancing up and seeing all that hard work and sunshine packed in a jar. By sunshine, of course, I mean the sun's energy captured by the plant cells and turned into sugars . . . ok, sorry, just wanted to explain what I meant. :p
I like lining up my canned peaches and sometimes cherries in the morning sun on the counter. The jars look like gorgeous jewels with sunlight streaming through.

So glad I'm not the only one obsessed with canning jars!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had mine out, neatly arranged & labeled. I would run my hands lovingly over the labels, imagining feeding my family all the yummy bits. Then DH decided to deep clean the kitchen and hid all my beautiful jars under the cabinet. :barnie :lol:

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
574_summer09_053.jpg

Check out my goodies!!!