Abifae - Ciao Babies!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've got sweet potatoes baking in the oven and hubby's smoking a pork loin. I'm starving!

Sounds like you've got your week planned out pretty well Abi. Wish I were that organized.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Pulled pork with a blackberry bbq sauce. Beef stew with mushrooms and cauliflower "rice" :D

And then all those apples. Wanna do sauce and butter and dried.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
The apple sauce is in the crock pot. Gonna start the pumpkins steaming and then bounce down to the grocery store to get ball freezer jam jars. :D And then back again to finish. I'm pretty proud. I got 1.75 quarts of dried apples and a FULL crockpot of sauce. Gonna can half and then cook down half into butter.

Gonna dry another 1.5 quarts worth too. :D

ETA: I have pumpkin seed recipes at the ready!! Gonna do one with spanish spices, one with maple syrup , then just basic salt and butter. I might do some cocoa ones like auntie does with almonds :D

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You go girl, it all sounds very yummy!

I have a wonderful dish last night that I need to find a recipe for--African Coconut Pumpkin. It was seriously delish, and nothing like any pumpkin I've ever had before :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Oooo! Post it here if you find it :D

Yeh... I figured if I did NOTHING on this week off, I'd seriously regret it. I'd much rather use the time well :D

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
How productive you sound!

Sometimes it is good to just goof off when you have vacation time, you know. I hope you schedule some goof off time too.

Did your snow stick?

We have snow on Mt. Saint Helens again, although this year was the first time that all of last year's snow did not melt off. But it has not come near to hitting our elevation yet.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm lazy on my weekends! Well, I do all the chores Saturday and slack Sunday.

No sticking snow in Denver, but Loveland ski resort is now open.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
WOOT!!! SQUEEE!!!

My new project was going to drop my pay a dollar an hour. They agreed to keep it the same rate!!! Plus all the overtime you can handle. Which, for me, is barely. *laughs*

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!!! I know we take a cut if we need to in this economy, but am ecstatic you don't have to!!!!!!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Yep. I was prepared to take a cut and job hunt and see if there was any chance of finding something better. I'm pretty pleased. :)