Adding new chickens to our flock

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, That's a whole nother subject.....but feels so sorry about your insurance coverage and the delayed generator. Probably summer would be a better time to get it installed...

CHICKENS: Hubby finally get all the netting and tarp out of the coup yard yesterday. Now they are at risk of a hawk visit. There were no chickens under, it in the end. That's because they are spoiled and don't like it outside in nasty weather.. That saved their lives....

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I figure we can take another swing at it in late summer or early fall. Glad to hear no chickens were found under the tarp. I'm waiting for the snow to completely melt before I let the new ones out of the run to free range.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Six months later on the ER bill? That's outrageous! I'd be asking for a minute by minute itemization at this point - they waited 6 months - they can wait a little longer. GRRRRRR!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I actually got a bill for a doctor's visit a year later. They had waited too long to bill my insurance so they tried to bill me for the whole thing... Uh.... No!

Hope you can get your generator this summer!

How much snow do you have left down there? We have about a foot still.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had a few good days of melting in the high 40's, and it didn't go below freezing last night. I would say about 8" where it isn't piled up. Today is supposed to be 50 and party sunny, but I just checked the radar; I'll be surprised if it becomes "party sunny".

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Too bad about the insurance. I have two and I still end up owing a lot when I get sick. One is suppose to pay what the other doesn't so how do I end up owing anything? All you get is a big run around every time you try to talk to the financial office.

Not to rub salt in the wound 'weatherwise' but it was 87 yesterday and it's suppose to be warm all week with the lows in the 40-50's. On the other hand we had the AC on last night for a couple of hours after supper!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't mind paying, but let's be reasonable....$4992 for ER Services of 1 1/2 hours? Looks like the sun may just come out...next few days, colder, cloudy, possible rain/mix.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got a bill from the hospital for my mother's last visit (when she died)... FOUR YEARS later. I handed it to the lawyer, saying I had already settled the estate and there was no money left. I didn't hear from them again, so I guess she handled it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness and here I complained because I had to pay €500 for surgery at a private hospital… (No insurance). I'm now getting practically free health care, €75 "admin fee" basically for surgeries and only pay when I see my GP and for medicine, but before y'all beat me up too bad, we are getting KILLED with car insurance over here. I had to pay more than my last car was worth for one year 3rd party, fire and theft cover only.

@MoonShadows @waretrop feel free to send some of that snow this way. We had about 5 minutes of it last night. Mostly gone by this morning when I got up.