Adrenal Fatigue thread Update post 67

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Last night I began taking the rest of the suppliments needed to heal my adrenal fatigue,

First of all, I would like to note that more often then not, Adrenal Fatigue is mis-diagnosed as Fibro and Chronic Fatigue.
Also, thyroid issues are often indicated as well.

Symptoms are not limited to the following.

Fatigue
Depression
Inability to lose weight
Miscarriage
Inability to get pregnant
Candida issues
Issues with falling and staying asleep
Inability to stay awake
Cortisal issues
Constipation
Panic attacks
Low/No Libido
Racing heart
Hot flashes
Chronic Back Pain
Muscle pain and fatigue
Joint pain
Mentally on Edge

And things that often are related causers
Celiacs (gluten issues)
Various other food allergies
High stress
Dieting
Formula fed baby

It is best to get fully tested, but make sure to see an endocrinologist.
GPs often do not understand endocrine issues.

A saliva test for adrenal function.
Full panel blood test for thyroid function.
Iron levels
Vitamin D levels
Gluten allergy test (stool test is better then blood)

Supps that I am taking.

Fermented Cod Liver Oil ( www.drrons.com )
Zinc
C
Desiccated Thyroid (Dr Ron )
IsoCort ( or Adrenals from Dr Rons )
Maca Root
B 50
Progesterone cream for the second two weeks of cycle
Lugols iodine

Foods that heal and lead towards a healthy weight.

Naturally raised meat, organ meats and eggs
Raw dairy
Butter
Coconut oil
All Veges
Grains that are properly prepared.

OK! Discuss!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:pop

I should get tested but so many of the symptoms are the opposite of me. So many are exactly me, though. Hmmmph.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
:pop

I should get tested but so many of the symptoms are the opposite of me. So many are exactly me, though. Hmmmph.
Like I mentioned, the list is very partial.

You can get full hormone testing through saliva from http://www.canaryclub.org/
Cost is very low.
They do not diagnose you. Just send you the paperwork.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I would like to put in a good word for maca root. I have only been taking it a week but have already noticed a difference. Mostly with sleep. I sleep a LOT deeper and wake feeling more refreshed. It seems to cut down on appetite too...no doubt because of all the vitamins and minerals in it.

I am slowly working up on dosage. I tried to take a full dose one day and really upset my digestive tract. I also broke out. I attribute that to flushing out some crud in the fat cells :p I don't have the bottle here with me but the recommended dose was 3 pills per day. When I went down to one pill on dosage I was fine. Now I am back to 2 pills with no ill effects. I will bump it up to 3 next week.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I wanted to note as well, that salt cravings are normal with adrenal fatigue.
Celtic Sea Salt should be the only salt that is consumed though.
Eat as much as your body is telling you to eat, as its packed full of nourishing minerals.
Avoid all table salts! They are highly processed, and have things like corn added to them.

Also, try to avoid pottasium rich foods while healing. Eat bananas sparingly for example.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So how long is it supposed to take to recover from adrenal fatigue? Months? Years? ....Decade?

I believe this is/was part of my issue and was stress induced. As soon as my stressor was gone(moved out :p ) I dropped 30 pounds within 6 months. Not sure if it had so much to do with my diet as it did lower stress levels, but I'm sure the diet helped some. I had this weight for the better part of 6 years, and it was stubborn, wouldn't come off for nothing. I had been on treadmill for 2 hours a day at one point and lost a single pound in 2 months :rolleyes:

The Celtic Sea Salt..will that affect high blood pressure? I have drastically reduced my sodium intake. Is it any different other than "not table salt?"

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
So how long is it supposed to take to recover from adrenal fatigue? Months? Years? ....Decade?

I believe this is/was part of my issue and was stress induced. As soon as my stressor was gone(moved out :p ) I dropped 30 pounds within 6 months. Not sure if it had so much to do with my diet as it did lower stress levels, but I'm sure the diet helped some. I had this weight for the better part of 6 years, and it was stubborn, wouldn't come off for nothing. I had been on treadmill for 2 hours a day at one point and lost a single pound in 2 months :rolleyes:

The Celtic Sea Salt..will that affect high blood pressure? I have drastically reduced my sodium intake. Is it any different other than "not table salt?"
High blood pressure is not necessarily caused by sodium.
CSS is very different.

Extreme exercise is detrimental to the adrenals as well, especially if there is an issue to begin with.
Most likely, your fatigue was only in the begininng stages.
Rest and good diet along with proper supplimentation are what is needed to recover.
Recovery can take as long as 2 years, but again, it depends on the level of fatigue.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Just curious, why only Celtic sea salt? I just purchased some pink Himalayan salt. I've used Celtic before I just couldn't find any recently.

(Thank you for starting this thread. :) )

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Just curious, why only Celtic sea salt? I just purchased some pink Himalayan salt. I've used Celtic before I just couldn't find any recently.

(Thank you for starting this thread. :) )
That is certainly an ok salt, but, the sea salt has some properties in it that assist in healing adrenal issues that no other salt seems to have :)