Aidenbaby's Anti-Suburban Sprawl

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's not 10 yet and I've cleaned out the chicken coop, put straw on the taters and cleaned 1/2 the kitchen. I'm now double dosed with claratin as the straw has set off my asthma and I just KNEW I should have waited until later tonight so I could shower too but I didn't think I'd have the energy to do it. I looked at the poison garden and I"ll probably need to water it thoroughly before I can weed. There are weeds EVERYWHERE and the ground is hard as a rock.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, if that swing set is strong enough to hold some boards along the cross section, they make great little greenhouses! :) Just cover with plastic.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made myself a salad and the kids sandwiches for lunch. With the kids' sandwiches, I also gave them broccoli. My daughter totally snubbed her broccoli and is pestering me bite after bite for my salad which has finely chopped broccoli stem in it. Poor girl just doesn't know any better. :thumbsup

Anyway, I was able to harvest some of the bigger leaves from my swiss chard and while a tiny bit was a bit bitter, most of it tasted like spinach or romaine. Go figure. Here I was trying to figure out how to cook it and i can just toss it in my salads instead.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm feeling frustrated and angry. I cleaned up the kitchen this morning only to have DH turn around and mess it up cooking hash browns for his team at work leaving the dirty dishes for me to take care of. I cooked dinner and the kids refused to eat. I told my kids to get in the bath which my son promptly refused. He finally runs the water for it (he's learning to draw his own baths) and when I go in to check them, I find that they used 1/3 of the BRAND NEW bottle of shampoo to make it a bubble bath. I'm exhausted and feeling used. I just really want to cry right now. Top it off, I found out yesterday that the family whose boy I care for will not be needing me once school starts. GREAT! There's $50 a week I'll be losing... my only income.

I have a TON to do before I can post an ad for more children. Thank god for google calendars as they now have a place where you can make a lists. I'm definitely using it.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs

This too shall pass. Teach your son EXACTLY how much soap to use for a bubble bath. Give him a little medicine cup to use. Its almost the perfect size, at least its not 1/3 of a bottle!! He's still learning. Soon you will only have to run him a towel when he forgets!
Aren't all Darling hubbies great at making messes! No matter how many times I organize our storage containers, they are still all over the place under the island, mixed in with the cereal boxes when I go to unload the dishes. I've resigned myself to organizing them at least once a week, before it gets TOO bad... I'm liable to throw some of them at him if they fall on me when I open the door. :barnie

Next time he starts to make hashbrowns, run a sink of hot soapy water while he's getting started. Then at least if you do have to wash the dishes, they'll be soaked a bit and easier to clean.

Is there anything else you might be able to do for that $50 bucks? Or somewhere you could save $50? Or several you could save 5-10? Just some thoughts

:hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sorry Aidenbaby....we all have days when we feel like we are swimming upstream!

maybe you need a bubble bath?! :hugs

OkieAnnie

City slicker gone rural
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry your day was so tough, Aidenbaby. :hugs
It will get better.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:love We hear and we are here....... :frow My best advice is to pray! :) God will provide you a way, Aidenbaby.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Perhaps you could.. do I dare say this..?

Get a cleaning job..? They are usually pretty plentiful.

My mom and I clean offices once a week and we get $30 for the month. I absolutey hate it (I promise myself to never get a janitorial job for this reason), but it is money..

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Around here kids that need looking after are pretty easy to come by. I have thought about picking up a couple myself...but I am lazy :/